Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Canon MP640 Printer

Real Name
    Dave

Canon MP640 Printer

Has anyone had any problems with this printer ? I have had this printer for a year now, it has not been any trouble, until yesterday.

I went to print from the computer via WFI, it would not print, i kept getting an error, but no error code. I changed the inks, loaded more paper, checked all the settings, even downloaded updated drivers from Canon.

After several hours it started to print, but everything was Green, then it stopped printing. After another hour or so, it started printing again, but got part way through some prints and stopped again, it then started printing again, but then everything was coming out Blue.

I eventually got near satisfactory prints, at ten o'clock last night.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Canon MP640 Printer

Hi Dave, are you sure its the printer and not the computer or cable? I would try another printer if you can when this happens next.

Real Name
    Dave

Hi Frank, Thank you very much for your reply. Whatever the problem was, it seems to be printing ok again now. I could not understand it, as i have never had this problem before. Everything i tried did not seem to resolve the problem, then as if by magic, it starts printing again as normal.

Thank you again

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by WOODYR View Post
    Hi Frank, Thank you very much for your reply. Whatever the problem was, it seems to be printing ok again now. I could not understand it, as i have never had this problem before. Everything i tried did not seem to resolve the problem, then as if by magic, it starts printing again as normal.

Thank you again
    That behavior is what makes me think it might be a loose cable or connection somewhere. I think I'd check the cable between the printer and the print head to see if it is firmly attached. On the other hand, I have seen issues resolved by just threating the malfunctioning component with physical violence! Seriously though, the issue is sometimes removed just by moving things and making a better connection where something was a tad loose. You may never figure out what it was that you touched that made it work.