Thread: Polygons

Polygons

Polygons

Polygons

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Polygons

Giannis

I have looked at these several times and wondered why they were not appealing as much to me as I thought they should.

The explanation, I think, is that they combine abstract with reality and that doesn't quite work in my mind.

The structures are composed and presented to make very strong, abstract shapes. But then these are set in a scene of a very real sky and clouds. I am very clear that this is a matter of perception in my head and others may not agree with my view, but this combination just doesn't seem as strong as if, say, you had processed the sky to become a very surreal and abstract part of the image.

Real Name
    Janis

Hi Giannis,

I'm with Donald. (Didn't have the courage to go out on a limb on my own, but am happy to concur. ) I was thinking that if the cloud were to stay, it needed to be fully contained within the negative space formed by the roof lines and form interesting shapes or complementary lines of its own.

Kudos to you for experimenting, though! I, too, am drawn to this type of subject matter, and know how difficult it is to get right. Keep it up.
    Last edited by purplehaze; 12th August 2011 at 03:58 PM.

Thanks for the feedback Janis and Donald. I'll have to think over your observations.