Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Photo Printer advisor

Photo Printer advisor

Hello guys,

I was looking around the forum for a thread with some photo printers advises but I could not find any.

I intend to start to print out some photos but I'm kind of lost searching the market for a good printer.

Could anybody advise me a good brand and model to start up? (Priced around 200-300.00)

I'm looking for a wireless, vivid color and reasonable ink price printer.

Thanks,

Fabiano

Real Name
    John

Re: Photo Printer advisor

I'm looking for a wireless, vivid color and reasonable ink price printer.

Giving specific advice about the wide range of printers is a bit daunting but Canon, Epson and HP are are popular and should produce good results.

HP printers may be regarded more as 'business use' printers but some of them can produce good photos.

What size prints?

I have used a variety of Epson and Canon printers. Currently, I use the Epson Photo R1900 but that is a larger A3 size printer, which has a corresponding higher price.

Real Name
    John

When I purchased my photoprinter eight years ago, and still running, the most important capabilities were operating system compatibility, maximum resolution, ports supported (had a few serial port printers in my day), output size, and to an extent print speed. Today I would be just as concerned with the print technology (inkjet, die sublimation, thermal), interchangeability of ink cartridges (it costs me $44.00 U.S. for a tri-color cartridge), connectivity (directly to the camera), and of course the cost of the printer itself.

If you have checked the link supplied earlier you will see that Brother, Canon, Dell, Epson, HP, and Kodak all have wireless printers. The prices of the printers are pretty reasonable, I would check out the ink cartridge prices before moving forward.