Thread: Mid Winter - Aitutaki

Real Name
    Mark

Mid Winter - Aitutaki

Mid Winter - Aitutaki

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Mid Winter - Aitutaki

One thing we can say with absolute certainty is - Glenfarg does not look like that in mid-winter!

Good timing, Mark on getting just that last tiny bit of sun before it disappeared. I'm wondering how the light developed after the sun went down. At this stage you still had a pretty bright sky and you needed to expose in such a way as to be getting close to putting the foreground to black, althoughnthe decking does reflect some of the light that's still there. And that's fine.

But did you do any more after this? It would be interesting to compare and contrast.

There's a nice feeling of calm in the image.

Real Name
    Mark

Hi Donald - I'm pretty sure winter in Scotland would be wee bit different. But then I couldn't see myself enjoying a single malt in front of a fire on a tropical island. I took a lot of photos. The best time during the evening was about 30 to 40 mins after the sun set. I'll post a few of those once I sort them all out. I also managed to take a few at dawn and some of them are quite neat. There should be more coming up in the next week. It's only my first day back at the coalface and I'm already snowed under with a bit a of a backlog, so photos will be on the backburner until next week I think.

Real Name
    Peter

Nice work Mark, I look forward to seeing the rest when you sort them out.