Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Whirrley Squirrelys

Real Name
    Chris

Whirrley Squirrelys

Captured these two playing on a pine tree, about 60 feet up...tenacious little buggers, aren't they?

Whirrley Squirrelys

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Whirrley Squirrelys

Not to mention stubborn, too Chris when they know there are food to take on a certain location. The top one looks skinny to me.

rob marshall

They look a bit scrawny compared to the British variety. A good shot though. I love these funny animal shots. Well captured.

Real Name
    John Wright

I think their antics are fascinating and so funny.

Here's their UK cousins to show what Rob means. Infact these greys were imported from the forests of Eastern USA from 1876 onwards and devastated our indigenous Red which we're desperately trying to save.The Greys are classed as rodents alongside rats -some call them 'flying rats' The Reds are now mainly in Scotland and a small area of Northern England.The Greys were able to eat the unripe large seeds of, in particular, acorn trees so they got the nutrition first but the gravest threat to the reds is the squirrelpox virus carried by the greys but doesn't harm them but is fatal to the Reds. We also contributed to it's demise by felling woodland throughout Britain replacing them with Sitka Spruce which have an unpredictable food supply for them.

Whirrley Squirrelys

Whirrley Squirrelys
    Last edited by JohnC; 1st August 2011 at 10:24 PM.