Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: A wonderful Video

Real Name
    John Wright

A wonderful Video

I wondered if this should have gone in People and Pets but this isn't really a pet.

I've just been sent this video which is wonderful and dare I say it, along with the music,therapeutic. All the day's stresses melt away. No doubt the bird will spend more and more time outside in the wild but may well stay around the locality. What a great experience for the family.

http://www.wimp.com/babyhummingbird/

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: A wonderful Video

Restores the often-battered faith in humanity as a caring, sensitive species.

Real Name
    Bill S

That was awesome! Simply awesome. Thank you for sharing. Put a huge smile on my face.

- Bill

Real Name
    Richard

Heartwarming...

Real Name
    John Wright

Agree,it does restore faith in humanity and it is heartwarming, I'm pleased I posted it - thanks.

Real Name
    Mike

Have an older sister that also raised a hummingbird from not long after birth until it was mature enough to fly off on it's own. It was such an unusual event back then (about 1973) that the local newspaper ran several stories about it as the bird grew. She had to feed that little thing (and it was tiny) every 30 min. on a 24/7 schedule, and that lasted for several weeks. She looked like a zombie from lack of sleep, but the bird survived and was eventually released into the wilds to go do what hummingbirds do.

Her next effort was with a critter a bit larger, as she then raised a Bengal Tiger from 1 week old until it was nearly 350 lbs. She now lives in the jungles of Costa Rica doing wildlife tours for senior's. We're both gray now, but she was/is the coolest big sister a kid like me could have asked for.

Mike

Real Name
    John Wright

Your sister deserves a medal, Mike. What a great job and very rewarding for her too. Did you see Peter's (R) post called Howler Monkeys of Costa Rica .I've just replied to Peter so it's top of this page right now. Do you have a link to the Tours your sister does ?

Real Name
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    Your sister deserves a medal, Mike. What a great job and very rewarding for her too. Did you see Peter's (R) post called Howler Monkeys of Costa Rica .I've just replied to Peter so it's top of this page right now. Do you have a link to the Tours your sister does ?
    Hi John,

Her company is called "Pizotes Eco Adventure Tours", and here is a link to the website. Lots of info there about the tours she has done in the past:

http://www.costaricawildlifetours.com/

When it comes to wild critters and traveling about in the Costa Rican rain forest, Terri really does know her stuff. I've never had the chance to travel down for a visit, but have no doubt that it would be a grand adventure to see what the jungle is really like. Even better to do it knowing that a knowledgeable guide was there to make sure there were plenty of opportunities to see all the wonders, but also to keep me out of harms way.

Even if you are just heading down to visit the country, give her a call as I am sure she would be glad to help in any way she could.

Mike

Real Name
    John Wright

Thanks Mike,I'll check that out. I'd go just for the Tour. If I were in your shoes I'd make it happen, to be able to have your sister, with all her experience, show you round it's an opportunity of a lifetime, everything I've heard about CR is positive, I'm sure it would be an experience that would leave your life enhanced.

Real Name
    Keith

Awesome, thanks for sharing, its made my day