Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Last one standing

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Last one standing

The story with this one....This is the last of the roses which have not succumbed to winter or been eaten by Bruno. He is quite partial to roses, rotten sheep! And yes I do know what sort of a rose it is. It is a Mr Lincoln! And before you all swoon, being totally overcome by the depth my Horticultural knowledge, I have to confess I only know its name because I asked Glenise beforehand! My dear wife and beloved companion knows all about this sort of stuff. She loves flowers and stuff like that. As for me? Well, I like to look at flowers. But as for the actual physical effort of gardening? Well, you see I have this condition, B.I* syndrome, which precludes me from any such activity. *( B,I syndrome = Bone Idle)
    Thank you for talking a peek at this post. C&C to help me lift my game is the name of the game please.

Anyway, time for me to stir my old stumps and get back to my fencing job
    old ucci

Last one standing

Last one standing

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Last one standing

I'm not sure it works so well as 'just' a flower head on its own, but framed up alongside the others, already gone to that great petal depository in the sky, it really works. And with it well in focus and the others slightly out, it throws attention onto the Last One Standing.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Thank you for your very helpful comment Mr D. You have such a perceptive eye which takes you straight to the heart of the matter. It is almost uncanny. But it often reveals some gem of wisdom that gives insight into something we may have achieved without being aware of it. But then next time we are just that better prepared and informed when framing a shot. Thank you.
    Ken

I like the first one, Ken, the light on it is so lovely and soft. It's very wistful.

I love the shape of the rose on the second one.

It's curious. I didn't really try to get many photos from my first batch of roses. After waiting all winter for them, too.... Happily, though, I have another batch coming - you're inspiring me to keep a look out for my opportunity.

and, Donald, "that great petal depository in the sky..."?! and and funny!