Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: 15 mins to kill

Real Name
    Bobo

15 mins to kill

and a pond was across the street. So why waste it.

This is what turned up.

It was delightful watching its stealth and precision at catching those fat flies. The flies were not moving around much so were easy targets.

Thanks for looking.

15 mins to kill
    15 mins to kill
    15 mins to kill
    15 mins to kill
    15 mins to kill

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: 15 mins to kill

Nice sharpness and good use of DOF, Bobo. I like how you patiently wait for some good moments before you pressed the shutter. #1 and #5 is a definite winner for me. Good job!

These are wonderful! They have that thrilling sharpness that makes the feathers, actually, seem so soft and white and fluffy. (Well, it makes sense to me.)

btw, you should see chickens catching Japanese Beetles - it's like lightning has struck!

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Willie and Katy.

This particular bird was more concerned with its meal then with me so just sat on a rock and followed him around.

Something strange is happening with some birds here - yesterday was in a park and came across one that had no fear and just hopped a few paces off each time I took a step forward. Another one along the path saw me and instead of running into the bushes, stood its place, checking me out and then casually walked right up and stood next to me for a good few minutes. Took a couple of shots but now realise that some should have been taken with my leg in the shot. haha.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    ...Something strange is happening with some birds here - yesterday was in a park and came across one that had no fear and just hopped a few paces off each time I took a step forward. Another one along the path saw me and instead of running into the bushes, stood its place, checking me out and then casually walked right up and stood next to me for a good few minutes. Took a couple of shots but now realise that some should have been taken with my leg in the shot. haha.
    They're just probably checking you out whether you're using a Nikon or a Canon system, Bobo.

Real Name
    Bobo

Ahhhhh, and they run from Ns I suppose ?

Btw, what's with the ever changing avatar ?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Bobobird View Post
    ...Btw, what's with the ever changing avatar ?
    I got a very short haircut so I had to lose the long haired avatar, too.

Real Name
    Keith

A nice series Bobo, I especially like #4

Keith

Real Name
    Seri

Hi Bobo,

1, 3 and 5 for me. You've caught the hunting stance perfectly

Something strange is happening with some birds here - yesterday was in a park and came across one that had no fear and just hopped a few paces off each time I took a step forward. Another one along the path saw me and instead of running into the bushes, stood its place, checking me out and then casually walked right up and stood next to me for a good few minutes. Took a couple of shots but now realise that some should have been taken with my leg in the shot. haha.
    In our part of the world, Turnstones, which used to be relatively shy shore dwellers, are becoming tame and scavenging around our harbour towns. We can get just a couple of feet away from them, and they happily scamper about the feet of shoppers without any fear. I wonder how widespread this tameness in birds is becoming?

Great news for wildlife photographers though

Cheers,

Seri

Real Name
    Bobo

Thanks Keith and Seri.

Close as in like this close.

15 mins to kill

And great for photogs of course, that kind of angle is not usually available