Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Vintage Grand Prix

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Vintage Grand Prix

I recently met up with one of the CiC members (ktuli) at the Vintage Grand Prix in Pittsburgh PA to get some shots. It was a great suggestion on Bill's part. The marquee car was Porsche so that made it more enjoyable for me. The only down side was the extreme heat. Heat aside, I will definitely make it back next year. Please take a look any comments are appreciated. My personal favorite is #4

Vintage Grand Prix
    Vintage Grand Prix
    Vintage Grand Prix
    Vintage Grand Prix
    Vintage Grand Prix
    Vintage Grand Prix
    Last edited by KTHXBAI; 27th July 2011 at 12:35 AM.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Re: Vintage Grand Prix

Looks like a fun day and you got some great shots...not to mention a meet-up with Ktuli!

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Looks like a fruitful day for a fun shoot, Michael. Not to mention the good company to begin with.

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

It was a good day! Can't wait to see what he pulls out of his camera!

Real Name
    Bill S

Well, now I can't show my photos from the day, because they're just not going to stack up...

Those are some great shots, Mike. Really top notch stuff. 1,3, and 6 are my favorites of the set.

The line-up of cars in #1 is perfect, and you nailed the tricky exposure through that alternating sun/shade on that part of the track perfectly. Plus the focus is dead on.

I am really glad you shared #3. I was curious to see how that one turned out. And it does not disappoint. That is a beautiful perspective you present there.

I have a similar one to #6, but it is of one of the Porsche's that had been racing, so there's grit all over the hood.... Not sure how it will look. But yours looks like it belongs in a Porsche brochure.

It was great meeting you, and if this heat wave ever goes away, I'll try and stop procrastinating on finalizing plans for the CiCinPgh Meetup so we can get together with more folks.

- Bill

Real Name
    Michael Farrand

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Well, now I can't show my photos from the day, because they're just not going to stack up...
    I doubt that...

for 1. I used Jiro's work process My workflow procedure as requested by Rob. to bring the colors out on the lead car.

2 3 Almost SOOC some minor tweaking to the colors in Light room.

4 and 6 are mainly lightroom edits but removed some scratches (and maybe a person) in CS5 But I am very happy with my B&W processing on these.

5. Was just a quick vintage postcard type brush for CS5

As it goes though I really wish I was able to pull out a set of the Porsche 356 to show all angles. Next time I go I need a plan!