Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Re: Lamp Bibli

Nice..

Real Name
    Seri

Well seen, Fernando

Your image is not as uncomplicated as it seems at first glance. I love the design (which has vague touches of Piet Mondrian in it) and I also enjoy exploring the subtle colour transitions, like the ghosts of the four light bulbs inside the lamp.

May I ask where you saw the lamp, and how you came to envision it as a photograph from that angle? And also what position you had to get into to get the shot?

I recently failed to get a shot I wanted of some bell ropes in a church because I was too embarrassed to lie on my back on a baptismal font which was directly beneath them, so I need some lessons in extreme photography

Seri

Yes, it is interesting, indeed, of course! It feels like those black lines going up the left and across the top were drawn there - they're so perfect. When I first opened this photo, yesterday, my three sons were looking over my shoulder and they immediately LOVED this. Which.... was confusing for me because it isn't a train or a zoo animal. Fernando, this is a compliment - I often ask them which photo is better because they are more in tune with "it".

Was it taken in a library or bookstore?