Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The lost ball...

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

The lost ball...

The lost ball...

Thank you very much for viewing.

-----
    Nikon D70, 50mm, ISO 200, f/2.8 at 1/160 second.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: The lost ball...

Clever idea, Willie. I love the mood and atmosphere that it creates, at least in my head.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Dirty, lost tennis ball... I love it. Made me smile this morning.

I have seen this image in real life hundreds of times. Our neighborhood tennis courts were in sight of our back yard in NH. In winter if the roads were too laden with salt residue which hurt Lucy's pads on her paws, I would take her over to the courts and throw one of her balls or Frisbee around to get her off the treadmill at home. When the ground wasn't snow covered we could always find lots of stray tennis balls... but... I would never in a million years think to photograph them!

Thank you, Willie for your creative eye and getting my mind thinking to just look around me whether inside or out.

This brings back a sensory memory and emotion for me, too. ...and it's so simple! (Only my memory - sort of like Lucy's) involves dog drool.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    This brings back a sensory memory and emotion for me, too. ...and it's so simple! (Only my memory - sort of like Lucy's) involves dog drool.
    Those are some of the best memories... although, so often bittersweet and mingled with tears. Dogs... balls... throw in some little boys and life is good.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

I like how the color of the grass complements the ball. Nice detail and DoF, Willie! I also like a bit of mystery to ponder. Is that white object a kid's sock perchance?

Real Name

Clever idea, Willie. I love the mood and atmosphere that it creates, at least in my head.
    Thanks, Donald. I was checking on some images that I took last May and I came across this one again. Thought I played around with it in PP and came up with this concept. I'm glad the PP showed you the mood and atmosphere that I want the image to have.

Dirty, lost tennis ball... I love it. Made me smile this morning.

I have seen this image in real life hundreds of times. Our neighborhood tennis courts were in sight of our back yard in NH. In winter if the roads were too laden with salt residue which hurt Lucy's pads on her paws, I would take her over to the courts and throw one of her balls or Frisbee around to get her off the treadmill at home. When the ground wasn't snow covered we could always find lots of stray tennis balls... but... I would never in a million years think to photograph them!

Thank you, Willie for your creative eye and getting my mind thinking to just look around me whether inside or out.
    Thanks for looking, too Mary. I don't travel much so most of what I can photograph are either from the backyard or somewhere when the family gets the chance to visit other places.

Thanks, Katy. I'm glad the image was able to solicit that kind of response from you.

I like how the color of the grass complements the ball. Nice detail and DoF, Willie! I also like a bit of mystery to ponder. Is that white object a kid's sock perchance?
    Thanks, Frank. You have a very observant eye. Yes, that's one of my kids' old sock buried under the wet ground on our backyard.

Real Name
    Sahil Jain

Made me feel nostalgic! Very nice shot....

PS:- Jiro, you got a new look again!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
    Made me feel nostalgic! Very nice shot....
    Thanks, Sahil.

PS:- Jiro, you got a new look again!
    Yup. I call it "the bald dark knight look".

Real Name
    Robert S.

Hi Jiiro,

this is one of the kind of pictures that tell stories to me. I like the composition, especially the diagonal division in fore and background.

bye
    Robert

Real Name

Danke, Sunray.