Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Dragon

Dragon

not dangerous

Dragon

Dragon

Dragon

Re: Dragon

Nice colours Don't know about the not dangerous bit, by the look of his face I'd definately cross the road if I seen that thing coming. Unhinged look is an understatement.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey View Post
    Nice colours Don't know about the not dangerous bit, by the look of his face I'd definately cross the road if I seen that thing coming. Unhinged look is an understatement.

Donīt worry, he is harmless. Feed him and ihe is friendly.

Real Name
    Have a guess :)

Quote Originally Posted by Brigitte View Post
    Donīt worry, he is harmless. Feed him and ihe is friendly.
    Sounds a lot like me! (looks a bit like me too come to think of it!).

Real Name
    Ian

Quick, see a doctor....

When you say feed him and he is friendly, feed him what exactly? Small children, pets? I'm worried Brigitte that he looks like the kind of "thing" that wont be satisfied with hard boiled sweets.

On a less serious note what exactly is he. Well a colourful dragon I can see but is he an art piece, a creation of yours, part of a childrens playground (as dangerous as a hard concrete montrosity would be in a childrens play area I climbed worse in the park as a small boy), or just an unusual unknown purpose curio?

He/She escaped from circus i guess

Well done Ajith, as usual your shots are very colourful; my preference is to #1; if it were mine I'd try to crop some B/G and apply a bit of gaussian blur to the remaining B/G.

roxy

Hunter S Thompsons words ringing in my ears

"somebody was giving booze to these goddamn things. Won't be long now before they tear us to shreds"

I'd agree that a little blur on the background wouldn't go amiss but failing that with those colours it's hard for the subject to lose your focus so the background isn't that distracting to my eyes at least.

The dragon belonged to a children's playground, the location is before the fence off area. (fence...in the background of the photo)
    A local artist has transfigured him again last year, because the colors had faded and peeled off.

Thanks much too for all your suggestions and thoughts...

regards,

Brigitte

Edit:
    I apologize that my photos are not perfect, but I`m still on the beginner lever. In addition to that the weather here is bad and there was not much oppertunity to practice.
    Maybe I should make a photo-course.
    Last edited by Brigitte; 16th March 2009 at 08:39 AM.

Don't apologise there isn't such a thing as a perfect photo anyway, well if it captures what you want and conveys what you want then it is. I'm a beginner too but the thing I like about this forum is there isn't a technical divide like other places and all levels of experience are welcome. Besides, every photographers skill is always improving no matter what their level, well it should be, and even when they get a particular quality nailed method and many other things can always be refined somewhat.