Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Love knot

Real Name
    Dave

Love knot

A soapstone carving, not sure where it should go, so if it's wrong, please by all means, move it

Love knot

Real Name
    Bill S

Re: Love knot

David,

(I have no clue where else to put something like this, so your guess is as good as mine)

This is a very nice shot, and you've done very well to capture the texture of the piece as well as to allow for some shadows but not so bad that they take away from viewing the sculpture. One suggestion/observation I have is that the space to the right seems a bit smaller than the space to the left - given that the overall shape of the sculpture is symmetrical I think my eye wants it to be centered in the space.

Aside from that, very nicely done.

- Bill

Real Name
    Dave

Thanks Bill, never noticed that!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Dave, you've captures the deliacte textures in this piece very well! It my just be my monitor but for some reason it appears to be tilted slightly to the right? Perhaps it's not tilted at all but, as Bill says, slightly right of center?

Real Name
    Dave

Could be Frank. Might also be a result of off centre. Thanks for your comment, much appreciated.

Real Name
    Bill S

Frank,

I saw that "tilt" that you mention too. I think it might actually be a part of the sculpture (it looks handmade) and as such not 100% symmetrical. The reaching arm of the left figure looks just ever so slightly longer than that of the figure on the right. This could also be an optical illusion. Either way, I felt it was a facet of the sculpture and not of the photography.

- Bill

Real Name
    Dave

Yes Bill, I think you could be right there. It is hand made, so in that way it's unique. It's the reason I bought it