Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Buying on a whim...

Real Name
    Richard

Buying on a whim...

Occasionally I want a piece of equipment (usually not a major purchase) but, don't purchase it because I don't want to pay the price. When and if I find one used for a decent price, I will snap it up on a whim. Or is that preplanning with a purpose?

Anyway, I have been wanting to get a Better Beamer flash extender to use with my 550EX flash and 300mm and 400mm lenses. I didn't want to pay the close to $40 (USD) that the darn thing runs new. I found one today used in supposedly mint condition on eBay for $18 (USD) with free shipping and thought, what the heck? I won't find one much cheaper than that.

Anyhow I am now waiting for a Better beamer to come in the mail and I will either be madly in love with it or cast it aside on the pile of other "use and forget" equipment which I occasionally unload onto other unsuspecting photographers at photo swap meets.

Has anyone used the Better Beamer and, if so, what is your view on this very unique piece of equipment?

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Buying on a whim...

Richard - I haven't come across that, but will be interested to hear about your experience.

Real Name
    Bill S

I too would be interested in hearing about your experience.

- Bill

Real Name
    Pat

Hi Richard,
    I also have an interest in this piece of equipment and am looking forward to hearing how you rate it.
    Pat.