Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Buenos Aires

Real Name
    Jonathan

Buenos Aires

Hello,

Three pictures from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Puerto Madero
    Buenos Aires

Sunset in Recoleta neighbourhood
    Buenos Aires

El Caminito
    Buenos Aires

Real Name
    John

Re: Buenos Aires

Was there a few years ago armed with just a point and shoot. Lot's of good photo opportunities.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Jonathan

I do not think that the third image works so well. I don't think it is clear what it is you were tryign to convey in that one.

The other two, however, are, I think, good images with a clear compositiona nd structure to them.

I very much like the arrangement in the first one. You have placed the ship well in the frame, allowing us to see past it to the river and the expanse of beautiful sky. I like it.

I also like the sunset image. I do wonder if the road way in particular is a little dark? I do not know how well developed your skills are in post-processing (Apologies if I have asked this before). Do you know about dodging and burning?

I hope you do not mind, but to illustrate what I mean ......

Buenos Aires

Real Name
    Jonathan

Donald, thank you again for the comments.
    I agree that the third one is not that clear, I tried to make something different with the colours =D

O, I have no post-processing skills at all. Not that I don't think it's important, but I haven't that much time to dedicate to photography, and I still on the basics of composition, trying to get a bet exposure and so on. I liked what you've done anyway, thanks =) And nevermind asking about what I know how to do or not.

Just a thought, Jonathan, but with the first 2 photos you have a rather large area of uninteresting sky. So I wonder about a slight crop of the top and left side in each case. Not too much though.

Alternatively, the first image in particular may work better at a different size ratio. Say 2 x 1 ratio which would retain that left hand building with the crane on top. Either way it is only very basic editing.