Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    15
    Real Name
    Darren

    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Hi everyone,

    I would like to share some of the pictures that I took during Sun raise and Sunset. Hope you all will like it.

    Sorry for some of the picture quality as some of them were taken will my point & shoot camera (Panasonic TZ7 and Panasonic FZ100) before I got myself my first DSLR (Nikon D7000).

    Sunset at Lake Wanaka - New Zealand (taken with my Panansonic TZ7)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Sun Raise at Kaikoura - New Zealand (taken with my Panansonic TZ7)

    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Sunset 1 at Kaikoura (taken with my Panansonic TZ7)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Sunset 2 at Kaikoura (taken with my Panansonic TZ7)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Minutes After Breaking Dusk - Singapore (taken with my Panansonic TZ7)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Against the Sky - Singapore (taken with my Panansonic TZ7)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Sunset in HDR - Singapore (taken with Panasonic FZ100)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series
    Last edited by windcharm; 13th July 2011 at 05:53 AM.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    15
    Real Name
    Darren

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Which Way Up? - Singapore (taken with Nikon D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    First Bloom - Singapore (taken with Nikon D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    A helping hand - Nurturing - Singapore (taken with Nikon D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Sunny Upside Down - Singapore (taken with Nikon D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Rest Day - Singapore (taken with D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Sailing Home - Singapore (taken with D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series
    Last edited by windcharm; 13th July 2011 at 05:54 AM.

  3. #3
    jjbacoomba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    San Antonio,Texas
    Posts
    483
    Real Name
    Joe

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Beautiful shots Darren. Makes me wish I was there. Thanks for sharing!

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    15
    Real Name
    Darren

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Quote Originally Posted by jjbacoomba View Post
    Beautiful shots Darren. Makes me wish I was there. Thanks for sharing!
    Thank you Joe.
    Last edited by windcharm; 13th July 2011 at 05:54 AM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Gloucester UK
    Posts
    455
    Real Name
    John Wright

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    I don't normally pop on here so early (7.30am) but I'm glad I did,a good start to the day,a wonderful set of photos. Is that a bird sitting on the rock in number 2 ? ..do you happen know what it is ?

    The first photo is stunning-and I like the 'whirlpool ?' too. You have the cloud 'spread' effect I get with my 17-40mm lens so I just looked at the Panasonic TZ7 and I see it has a 25mm lens,it really enhances a sky like that. I think the quality of all the photos is fine, you don't need to apologise, the point and shoots these days give very good results, like these. The only reservation I have ,Darren and its one that you will see on here from time to time, is that on some of the photos you have the vivid eye catching fluorescent splash green copyright logo and it really detracts from otherwise very attractive photos. especially as it's mainly on the tranquil sunset scenes.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    15
    Real Name
    Darren

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnC View Post
    I don't normally pop on here so early (7.30am) but I'm glad I did,a good start to the day,a wonderful set of photos. Is that a bird sitting on the rock in number 2 ? ..do you happen know what it is ?

    The first photo is stunning-and I like the 'whirlpool ?' too. You have the cloud 'spread' effect I get with my 17-40mm lens so I just looked at the Panasonic TZ7 and I see it has a 25mm lens,it really enhances a sky like that. I think the quality of all the photos is fine, you don't need to apologise, the point and shoots these days give very good results, like these. The only reservation I have ,Darren and its one that you will see on here from time to time, is that on some of the photos you have the vivid eye catching fluorescent splash green copyright logo and it really detracts from otherwise very attractive photos. especially as it's mainly on the tranquil sunset scenes.
    Thank you John. That is a bird sitting on the rock in picture number 2.

    I do realize that the copyright logo is a little "catchy" on eyes. I have already changed my watermark since then for all the other pictures on flickr.

  7. #7
    FrankMi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    6,294
    Real Name
    Frank Miller

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Lovely shots, Darren. I think I would crop shots 1,2,3,4,5 & 7 to be a bit more panoramic, perhaps something like this...

    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Gloucester UK
    Posts
    455
    Real Name
    John Wright

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Nice Frank. Good call.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ontario (mostly)
    Posts
    6,616
    Real Name
    Bobo

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Fantastic pics Darren

  10. #10
    paulwilbur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Connellsville, PA USA
    Posts
    99
    Real Name
    paul wilbur

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Just a thought...


    paul

    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    I did some cropping and a bit of "clean-up" PP

  11. #11

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    I don't have any spectacular thoughts - just an observation. You do love the "moment", don't you?! So much loveliness!

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    15
    Real Name
    Darren

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Thank you Frank for the suggestion. I will try that next time round

    Thank you Bobo for dropping by.

    Thank you Paul for the putting them together

    Thank you Katy. Yes, I really do enjoy the moments. By the way, I like your blogs too

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Quote Originally Posted by windcharm View Post
    Which Way Up? - Singapore (taken with Nikon D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    First Bloom - Singapore (taken with Nikon D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    A helping hand - Nurturing - Singapore (taken with Nikon D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Sunny Upside Down - Singapore (taken with Nikon D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Rest Day - Singapore (taken with D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series

    Sailing Home - Singapore (taken with D7000)
    [Darren] - Sun raise/Sunset Series
    Seems to be a VERY distracting blue/green "artifact" in the bottom right-hand corner of every image in this series

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •