Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Moroccan Series: Cultural Comments

Real Name
    David

Moroccan Series: Cultural Comments

What can one make of these images in terms of culture? The first is almost certainly a father and son, but if we saw this in the UK some might find it rather sinister. In Morocco the djellaba, worn by the man, is the norm.

The second image is of a water seller in the main market in Marrakesh. Water selling is a profession and the activity is handed down from father to son. The colourful clothes are the norm, not worn for tourists. But look at his feet - old crocs!

This third image crosses all cultural divides - there's nothing quite like a good gab as shown by the ladies in the top left corner, and those children have been up to tricks!

As usual, comments and crits welcome.

Cheers

David

Real Name
    Chris

Re: Moroccan Series: Cultural Comments

the cultural summary is that our western uni-fit is invading fast and another individual regional culture is being lost - Photographically I suggest that when sharing, even 'candids', it is worth doing a little tidying. Certainly the disembodied foot above the water seller and the half-cycle wheel in no 3; I would have ago at the car corner by the boy in no 1

Look forward to seeing some more (unless I missed them in last 3 weeks absence, in which case point me)

Real Name
    David

Re: Moroccan Series: Cultural Comments

Thanks Chris - Careless with the disembodied foot- will correct in other versions. I'm not so worried about the bike wheel or car corner. Degas pointed out that there is life outside the frame.

Cheers

David