Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Off the beaten path

Real Name
    Ron

Off the beaten path

Out and about early yesterday and went to a boat ramp i had never been to before and found this waiting for me.The first image is cropped more than the second as i moved in closer and more behind the boat as i was shooting.C&C are very welcome.Thanks...Ron.

Off the beaten path
    ISO 400,f/20,1/200 sec,55mm.PP in CS3.

Off the beaten path
    ISO 200,f/20,1/125,80mm,PP in CS3.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Off the beaten path

I like #1 better. I wish you had included the whole length of the mast for a very strong image, Ron. The angle of the shadows are really great. If this was taken more later in the afternoon the angle and intensity of the light would be more dramatic. Have you considered converting #1 to b&w. I played with it a little bit and it was really nice to look at in b&w. Good subject and good shot, Ron.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I wish you had included the whole length of the mast for a very strong image, Ron.
    I tend to go with Willie on this opinion, Ron. Was there anything else around (alongside, in front, etc) that would prevent that? Are you able to get back there to re-shoot it?

Real Name
    John Wright

I like the shot-srong colours. Maybe by stepping back to get the whole of the mast in it would be have to be far enough to lose the impact of the boat.

Real Name
    Ron

Thanks Willie,Donald,and John.I was shooting with the 55-200mm lens on the camera at the time and really could not back up to far with out wading into the water.I can go back re-shoot(and i most likely will)and use the wide angle lens to see what i can get with-out getting to far from the boat.Thanks again for the comments...Ron