Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: BENRO Travel Flat C0180T Tripod

Real Name
    Trace

BENRO Travel Flat C0180T Tripod

I've been overseas for the past few weeks on a combined work/pleasure trip. Truth be told, even the work part was a pleasure. Other than missing my dogs, I had a truly wonderful time. For me this was the first time I'd flown with my DSLR so I had a few packing challenges. For the packing side, I tried out two new camera-related products on this trip: the Kata KT D-3N1-33 backpack and the BENRO Travel Flat C0180T Tripod. I thought I'd share my feedback and experiences with the tripod.

The tripod was a godsend. I usually shoot with a Manfrotto 190XPROB coupled with a 322RC2 heavy duty ball joystick ball head which essentially adds up to a very sturdy base for my camera but a VERY heavy piece of gear to lug around. The Benro Travel Flat weighs just 700gms (1.5lbs) and is 44cm (17") when folded up. It wasn't just weight that was an issue for me, but I also needed it to pack small to be able to easily fit on a motorcycle. I thought about going carbon fibre which is lighter again, but the budget precluded it at the time.

The tripod fit within the laptop section of my backpack while I was hiking (laptop gets left behind), but it will also fit within the additional tripod holder for that pack for when my laptop is with me. It would also fit within a side pocket of many backpacks. I coupled it with the Manfrotto Mini Ball Head 484RC2. I didn't like this head as much as my joystick, but it was certainly a helluva lot lighter. This tripod+head setup is certainly not as stable as my manfrotto+joystick. This is not a combination I'd choose to stand in the ocean or a river with any water motion at full height to try to capture 2 minute long-exposures with (or on the edge of a windy cliff for that matter). BUT for most landscapes it is very capable. It served my purposes very well on this trip and I took photos of several seconds with it that have come out nice and sharp. Tall folk that use their tripods at full height all the time might not like this pod, but for me (short) and my needs/purposes it was a joy and I consider it money well spent .

The link: http://www.benrousa.com/products_details_C0180T

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: BENRO Travel Flat C0180T Tripod

Good information, Trace. And I see you put a 'tripod' tag on it so anyone searching using the tags will find it.

Great information Trace,
    I have just ordered the BENRO C2691TBI Travel Angel
    1.7 Kgs, Folds down to 45cms, Supports 12kgs,
    What appealed to me was the removeable leg, that you can attatch the top plate and ball, to convert to a monopod, which I thought would be great for hiking and city shots. Will test out and see how it goes

Real Name
    Craig

Do you know the minimum height for the BENRO Travel Flat C0180T Tripod? I am looking for something small and light that I can get very close to the ground. thanks in advance

Real Name
    Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Gark View Post
    Do you know the minimum height for the BENRO Travel Flat C0180T Tripod? I am looking for something small and light that I can get very close to the ground. thanks in advance
    Hi, Not so close....A quick measure of mine suggests about 15" + whatever height your head adds. The legs have a fixed angle of opening so cannot get it any lower.