Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Picnic Anyone

Real Name
    Cheri

Picnic Anyone

We have suffered several floods in our area with the highest rainfall in many years--Northern British Columbia, Canada. I took this picture of a flooded picnic area and the second picture I did some post processing with black and white and a little chrome effect. Just wondering what people think of the post processing.

Picnic Anyone

Picnic Anyone

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Re: Picnic Anyone

Not sure which I prefer, tend to be vacillating and sitting on brick fence running across midline!
    Interesting that in PP you seem to have reversed the focal point. For me my eye is immediately drawn to background expanse of water in #1, For #2 my eye goes immediately to the innundated outdoor furniture; of course your cropping helps to achieve this but the selective reversal of lightening also plays a major part in this. For me anyway.
    k

Real Name
    Mike

Cheri,

Of the two images, I like the processed one. I have to agree with Ken, in the upper image my attention is drawn up into the background and in the lower image, the focus is on the flooded picnic area. I think the edge treatment also works well with the image. Nice work.

Mike

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Cheri

I think it depends on what you wanted to achieve in taking the image.

I think the second image is an artistic representation of a scene that you captured, which is fine. But I don't feel it works as an image of a flood, as we have to do too much thinking about what we're looking at to see it as a flood.

Hi.
    For me a flood seems to be a sad event so coloured image doesn't go.Somewhat like below seems to be better for me,of course
    Picnic Anyone

Real Name
    Cheri

Thank you for all your comments. Fortunately, no one has been hurt, but there is a lot of cleanup to be done. The picnic tables were my focus as they were my reference point for how much Moberly Lake had gotten to after two days of rain. In my second image I was hoping add some mood to the picture (if that makes sense).