Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: I Left My Heart...

  1. #1

    I Left My Heart...

    I Left My Heart...
    I Left My Heart by alquibbs, on Flickr

    in this beautiful village of "Batad" where people lives a simple life in the middle of the breathtaking terraces of rice paddies.

    Comments please. Thank you.

  2. #2
    PicsbyChance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Woodland, CA
    Posts
    221
    Real Name
    Mike

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Al,

    This is a beautiful little village and the exposure is well done. However, I wish there were more rice paddies and less trees to convey your statement under the image. I tried playing with the image on my screen, trying to crop out the trees and the hill on the upper right, but I couldn't get a better image than you have here. Just my thoughts. Keep up the good work!

    Mike

  3. #3
    Moderator Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glenfarg, Scotland
    Posts
    19,660
    Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Al

    Although I acknowledge what Mike has said and agree that maybe we could have seen slightly less of the trees, I think they provide a very good frame for this very good image. As well as being very good in its own right as an image, it is a high quality documentary record of a society and way of life that so many of us are not familiar with.

    I think the context of the image - the village sitting within its surroundings, which really tells us why the village is there, is excellent.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Chandigarh, India
    Posts
    1,541
    Real Name
    Sahil Jain

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    A beautiful view, Al!

  5. #5

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Hi Mike, Donald and Sahil. Thank you for your kind words and suggestions...I should have cut those trees off.

  6. #6

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Quote Originally Posted by PicsbyChance View Post
    Al,

    This is a beautiful little village and the exposure is well done. However, I wish there were more rice paddies and less trees to convey your statement under the image. I tried playing with the image on my screen, trying to crop out the trees and the hill on the upper right, but I couldn't get a better image than you have here. Just my thoughts. Keep up the good work!



    Mike
    Btw Mike, here's a view of more rice paddies. Thanks again.

    I Left My Heart...

  7. #7
    FrankMi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    6,294
    Real Name
    Frank Miller

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Hi Al, both views are beautiful in there own way. I'm glad you posted the second shot as it really puts the first on in perspective and helps tell the story. Nice work!

  8. #8

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Al, both views are beautiful in there own way. I'm glad you posted the second shot as it really puts the first on in perspective and helps tell the story. Nice work!
    Hi Frank! Thank you so much, coming from you, it's a big relief!

  9. #9
    PicsbyChance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Woodland, CA
    Posts
    221
    Real Name
    Mike

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Al,

    I have to agree with Frank, the second image does help to tell your story. Beautiful countryside and thank you for posting the second image. I would love to see more.

    Mike

  10. #10
    ktuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    1,518
    Real Name
    Bill S

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    I agree with Donald on this one... I like the trees as a frame. It gives you the feeling of cresting a hill to look down through the trees into the valley to look upon that beautiful village.

    Nice capture, thanks for sharing!

    - Bill

  11. #11

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Quote Originally Posted by PicsbyChance View Post
    Al,

    I have to agree with Frank, the second image does help to tell your story. Beautiful countryside and thank you for posting the second image. I would love to see more.

    Mike
    Hi Mike, thank you so much, I'm glad you appreciate it. And yes I would love to post more! I'm learning a lot so far from all your views and suggestions.

  12. #12

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    I agree with Donald on this one... I like the trees as a frame. It gives you the feeling of cresting a hill to look down through the trees into the valley to look upon that beautiful village.

    Nice capture, thanks for sharing!

    - Bill
    Hi Bill thank you again and again and again!

  13. #13

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Hi, Al! They're both just beautiful and fascinating!

  14. #14

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    Hi, Al! They're both just beautiful and fascinating!
    Hi Katy! Thank you so much.

  15. #15
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Very nice shot, AL. I will definitely put Batad on my bucket list on places to visit and take pictures!

  16. #16

    Re: I Left My Heart...

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Very nice shot, AL. I will definitely put Batad on my bucket list on places to visit and take pictures!
    Thank you Willie.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •