Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: What do you think, please?

What do you think, please?

I love these but don't know what others will see? Insight, please? I always SOooooo appreciate it!!!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: What do you think, please?

What's that below the flower, on the stem, in the third one? I find the colour of this flower a bit too 'sugary' to be ttarctice, but that's just personal; preference.

#2 is wonderful. The only distraction is that tiny bit of blown sky right at the top in the rigth half of the frame. You could do a clone on that. But teh ligth on the grasses and on the web are superb.

On #1, I might have been tempted to go for a slightly larger depth-of-field. But take that as a provisonal thought. I like the image and that thought may well change.

Real Name
    Wendy

Katy I like all 3 but I LOVE #3. Having said that I guess I am supposed to offer an explanation which is the hard part but I will try.

#1. is a bit busy. The colours and the light are pretty and that is why I like it, but for me I would like to see more of a subject. This is very nice in an abstract sort of way

#2. Again, very pretty and a scene I am quite familiar with, it makes me want to turn around and find another path.

#3. The light the bokeh the colours I just love. It looks delicious and cooling and I like to look at this rather than just give it a passing glance.

That's the best I can do, I hope others will come in with their evaluations, because I do find that type of thing very helpful and interesting, and when all is said and done, I'd like to hear your evaluation of the 3.

Wendy

Thanks, Donald and Wendy! I only have a moment - I need to go to bed, that's for sure; so, I'll be back tomorrow morning. I just wanted to ask, Donald, you mentioned the sky in the right top part of the photo in #2, what about the big patch on the left side? Did you mean that, too?

If anyone else has thoughts - please, jump in! Thanks!

See you in the "morning"!

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    I just wanted to ask, Donald, you mentioned the sky in the right top part of the photo in #2, what about the big patch on the left side? Did you mean that,?
    Oops - don't know my right from my left. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Donald; 9th July 2011 at 08:04 AM.

I finally have had a chance to fix these.

Alright! Thank you so much Donald and Wendy. Your suggestions and feed back really, really help!

With the original spider's web, I had wondered what would be said about the sky. I know that something bright like that draws the eye and it's, basically, a 'no-no' but I like it. I'm assuming that some moment, here, the correct way of thinking will hit me. However, I have fixed it! Better?

The sugar clover. It is very sweet, isn't it. I like all sorts of colors and moods - candy has its place, too, doesn't it. I didn't like that white muddle below it, either - I cloned and blurred it out. Also, it occurred to me that the point really is macro and I could crop a little more; so, I have! Is the crop alright or does it need more space, now, I wonder?

The glowing grass. I do have some other ones with more dof. I don't like them as much because, really, the one point of this photo is the glowing light - not the details but the light and the color that goes with it. When I went through the photos - the other ones might have been more "correct" but this is the one that made me breathe and sigh. Impressionism - all about the wash of light and not the details. So! Since I love it - there it stays. Must I always make sense? Oooo! I surely hope not - I'll be in big trouble, then!:

Oh, btw, on the sugarplum clover, can you tell that I used the flash on my camera? is it bothersome?
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 28th July 2011 at 03:56 AM.

Real Name
    Tommy

Love your edit on the spider web. That's a really, really pleasing image

Quote Originally Posted by RockNGoalStar View Post
    Love your edit on the spider web. That's a really, really pleasing image
    Ooooo! Thanks, Tommy!

Real Name
    Wendy

And I love the edit on the sugarplum clover. I loved it before, but now it is even more delicious and cool looking (temerature wise) than before. Nice work Katy

Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutR View Post
    And I love the edit on the sugarplum clover. I loved it before, but now it is even more delicious and cool looking (temerature wise) than before. Nice work Katy

Wendy
    Oh, good, Wendy! I'm glad that you saw that FINALLY got around to replying. and, thanks - I wanted to know what you thought!