Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Eyes

Real Name
    Seth

Eyes

Just wondering what you guys think. I used an online photo editing software to help me because i have no money to buy one of my own. Ill post the original unedited one first.

Eyes

Eyes

Eyes

Eyes

Eyes

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Eyes

Andy Warhol.

If you want to get into post processing seriously and can't afford to go down the route of buying a commercial product, your other high-end option is to use the open source GIMP package. Another good reason for using it is to support the development of open-source software. It can be downloaded from www.gimp.org. You can make a donation if you wish.

The GIMP is, in some respects, a much steeper learning curve than the commercial products for the simple reason that the volunteer time that goes in to its development is dedicated to software development rather than to writing nice and easy to follow user manuals. Also, you have a vast array of 3rd party resources (books, online sites, etc) available in relation to the the likes of Photoshop, Lightroom etc. But, as I keep saying, if I can get to the level of proficiency I feel I have with the GIMP (which is enough for what I want to do), then anyone can.

In terms of online resources to help learn the GIMP, I would strongly recommend the www.meetthegimp.org. Rolf Steinort is a teacher based in Germany. As someone who can teach, his contribution to GIMP development has not been in software development, but in producing a series (he's up to Episode 161) of video tutorials. They certainly taught me all that I know about using the GIMP. And, again, they are open source and you can make a donation to help with running costs if you wish.
    Last edited by Donald; 5th July 2011 at 09:49 AM.

Real Name
    Seth

Re: Eyes

Hey thanks. I've Being looking online and i will definatly check this out.