Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: please comment on the first photo :)

Real Name
    Jaime

please comment on the first photo :)

The Twins......

-Jaime 12 years-

Re: please comment on the first photo :)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaimes View Post

The Twins......

-Jaime 12 years-
    very nice pic Jaimes!
    looking how he's standing, I suppose that guy has a lot of experience about fashion parade!
    about the picture, I think it is a good work
    "but" it is a bit soft in my monitor, if I'm right, the focus isn't exactly on its eyes/face but a bit beyond, try witha touch of selective sharpening. also more room on the left could be an improvement in my opinion
    hope you don't mind for my comments,
    it is a good work!

As Nicola said, a little bit of selective sharpening applied to just the softer areas of the main subject will help. I would sharpen on a duplicate layer then add a Hide All Mask and gently/gradually 'paint' over those areas with a soft edged low opacity 'white' brush until the sharper areas become clear.

The highlights are also a little harsh so I would probably use a similar method with them. Or work directly on an Adjustment Layer and mask. However, just going over those areas very gently with a Burn Tool set for Highlights may be sufficient.

But to be honest, we are only talking about slight improvements to an already very good photo.

Is the second image cropped? If so, recropping to give slightly more 'free' space on the left side would turn this excellent photo into a prizewinner. Just make it look as though they have an area into which they are peering. If that makes sense.

Real Name
    John Wright

Very attractive shots. I wondered if they were Prairie Dogs (which we don't have here of course) so I checked and they are.