Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Practice on a sensual model

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Practice on a sensual model

I shot this with my Canon XSI, Aperture priority, Shutter speed 160, f9, ISO 800, f9, focal length 50, Flash -2 FEC. I also used my 4X closeup lens. I push up my f stop to help compensate for very shallow DOF caused by the closeup lens.

PP, I applied a b&w layer, which added contrast and depth to the water droplets.

Practice on a sensual model

please as always, C&C.

Marie

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Re: Practice on a sensual model

Marie

I'm not sure what I'm looking at, but it's entrancing!

The water droplets seem to be floating above the ??? (plant) - or are they attached to it?

It does seem to be an amazingly shallow depth of field. What was your thinking behind going for soemthing so narrow?

I find it intruiging.

up on a knob above Paden City, West Virginia
    Real Name
    Marie Hass

Re: Practice on a sensual model

The water droplets seem to be floating above the ??? (plant) - or are they attached to it?
    Donald, this plant is rather hairy, and the hair catches water droplets in the neatest formations. The large droplets were arrayed around the edges of this set of leaves, and the plant hairs had caught all of the dew in millions of droplets on the leaves itself.

What was your thinking behind going for soemthing so narrow?
    My preference would not have been so narrow. I purchased a 55mm set of magnifiers (1X, 2X, 4X and 10X) to go on my 18-55 kit lens. The magnifiers produce a very very shallow DOF. I am trying to compensate for it by setting a higher f stop. Thanks to the flash tutorial, I am using my flash, which has helped, where I never used it before.

Whether or not this is the right technique, I don't know, but if there is someone in the CIC community who has used the magnifiers could comment? I am struggling with them.

Thanks in advance for your commentary.

Marie
    Last edited by Marie Hass; 5th July 2011 at 09:55 PM.