Thread: lightpole sunrise c&c welcome

Real Name
    james

lightpole sunrise c&c welcome

tv 1/80 av 3.2 iso 200 50 mmlightpole sunrise c&c welcome

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: lightpole sunrise c&c welcome

Hi James, I love the interplay of the pink and blue. From the light pole, my eye is drawn to the sign but because I can't read it, I then move on to the foreground and back to the sky. By the way, because the eye is always drawn to text in an image, unless it is the subject of the shot it is best to avoid signs (and recognizable vehicles) whenever possible. Although the horizon isn't at the 'rule of thirds' line, there is a line drawn by the pink clouds and blue sky that effectively creates the 1/3 ratio. Nice picture. Can you visualize how it would look if there was something really interesting in the foreground?

Real Name
    paul wilbur

Good Morning

There is alot going on in these,eh?

color in the shy mixed with clouds - low horizon (no environment)...

very horizontal in character I must say and that's great, skys are like that!!!

Now the rub... we have this strong vertical and distracting light pole that conflicts with the sky... hum, interesting choice for composition, what is the subject? sky or pole?

paul

Real Name
    james

Thanks for the feedback Frank and Paul, the lightpole was not the subject I just saw the colors and wanted to capture the change in colors, the pole was the least of the distractions .I dont usually try to shoot images of this nature...I like birds