Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Picnic Grove

Real Name
    Yvonne

The Picnic Grove

The Picnic Grove

This was taken at the Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie (infrared image). It is the first national tall grass prairie in the US, encompassing 20,000 acres of restored farm and industrial land.

You can read more about it here
    http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs...rairie-%20Home
    Last edited by Evn1ngStar; 24th June 2011 at 12:05 PM.

Real Name
    Bill

Re: The Picnic Grove

Well done Yvonne, Really suits the infrared, Like the composition as well , Does'nt look like the Picnic Tables get used much lately , Thanks for sharing - Bill

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Good eye for contrasting subjects, Yvonne. I have read some infrared photography books and at times they do tell that it's a bit hard to really predict the outcome of the shots depending on the IR data captured. In here, the dark contrast of the picnic table really makes it as a strong main subject against the brightly converted vegetation from the IR shot. Well done! The composition is really great, too.

Real Name
    Wendy

Nice!! I think I would also like this with just the picnic benches in the grass. I love the starkness of the unused benches and the beautiful light in the grass.

Wendy

Real Name
    Yvonne

Thanks for viewing and your comments Bill, Jiro & Wendy

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    I have read some infrared photography books and at times they do tell that it's a bit hard to really predict the outcome of the shots depending on the IR data captured.
    And yes Jiro, sometimes I'm still surprised at what comes out. Like this image below, the hat was definately black when I saw it with my eyes, but as you can see in the picture it came out totally different. Also, the shirt was a dark blue print.

The Picnic Grove