Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Playing with brushes.

Real Name
    Ron

Playing with brushes.

There are several people on this forum who inspire me to play with textures and such because i find their images are a pleasure to look at.I downloaded some splatter brushes and played around with them to see what i could come up with.This is an average attempt to create something different but, the more i play, the more i learn.Feel free to comment on image of exploration.Thanks for viewing...Ron

Playing with brushes.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Playing with brushes.

Hello, Ron. What you did is really something creative and unique. Personally, I don't even want to comment on it because this was your artistic idea. However, knowing the basics of what makes a compelling image stronger in its presentation I would like to offer these suggestions if you may.

1. The grainy texture effect on the foreground petals does not seem to agree with the softness of the image. My suggestion would be to get rid of the grain and make the petals look soft.

2. I think the running colors look great on the flowers itself but not on the background (separation of subjects) so I would probably recommend you isolate the effect on the flowers alone and keep the original background colors as one option or make it completely desaturated.

Other than that it is really a very unique way of interpreting colors and flowers. Good work, Man.

Real Name
    Ron

Re: Playing with brushes.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Hello, Ron. What you did is really something creative and unique. Personally, I don't even want to comment on it because this was your artistic idea. However, knowing the basics of what makes a compelling image stronger in its presentation I would like to offer these suggestions if you may.

1. The grainy texture effect on the foreground petals does not seem to agree with the softness of the image. My suggestion would be to get rid of the grain and make the petals look soft.

2. I think the running colors look great on the flowers itself but not on the background (separation of subjects) so I would probably recommend you isolate the effect on the flowers alone and keep the original background colors as one option or make it completely desaturated.

Other than that it is really a very unique way of interpreting colors and flowers. Good work, Man.
    Thanks for the input Willie.I have to agree with you on the background colors being to muted to really see any effect with the brushes and was thinking to myself as i was working on this that a photo with more vibrant colors would look a whole lot better.Your suggestion of isolating the effect to just the flower is a really good idea and i will have to try it later.
    Not to make any excuses for myself but i have found myself staying up at all hours of the night engrossed on post processing that late at night i tend to skimp on some pp steps(and i don't drink coffee either).Thanks for the comment...Ron