Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Water Flows in Scotland

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ajman - U.A.E.
    Posts
    123

    Water Flows in Scotland

    And don't forget to photograph something like water stream and falls

    Water Flows in Scotland

    Water Flows in Scotland

    Water Flows in Scotland

    Water Flows in Scotland

  2. #2
    Moderator Dave Humphries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Windsor, Berks, UK
    Posts
    16,065
    Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

    Re: Water Flows in Scotland

    Hi Tareq,

    #2 is my favourite of this bunch because of the unusual viewpoint and angle of view.

    Scotland obviously made a big impression on you.

    Cheers,

  3. #3

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ajman - U.A.E.
    Posts
    123

    Re: Water Flows in Scotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Humphries View Post
    Hi Tareq,

    #2 is my favourite of this bunch because of the unusual viewpoint and angle of view.

    Scotland obviously made a big impression on you.

    Cheers,
    Scotland is my best serious point for me into landscape photography, i was in Lebanon before then Switzerland/Paris and got amazed of landscapes there, but that time i don't know how to take better shots, was still learning, but after i went to Scotland and i used 5D then i start to be into landscapes more and more, and my last visit to New Zealand made me to be a great landscape photographer now, but i will keep learning and shooting.

    Thanks!

  4. #4
    Azz252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    37

    Re: Water Flows in Scotland

    I love Scotland

    I like number 2 the best as well, do you mind if i ask where it was taken?

    You've obviously been lucky with the weather as well!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ajman - U.A.E.
    Posts
    123

    Re: Water Flows in Scotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Azz252 View Post
    I love Scotland

    I like number 2 the best as well, do you mind if i ask where it was taken?

    You've obviously been lucky with the weather as well!
    Thanks!

    I don't know where it was taken, to be honest i was with another photographer who took me all around in the highlands in one day only.

    I think i was lucky with the weather there, i went there in Summer [August], but still it was cloudy and raining some days.

  6. #6
    Azz252's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    37

    Re: Water Flows in Scotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Tareq Alhemrani View Post
    I think i was lucky with the weather there, i went there in Summer [August], but still it was cloudy and raining some days.
    I'm living in Australia at the moment but from Scotland, going home shortly, I went home last August for three and a half weeks and there was one sunny day!...but that's Scottish weather for you. Seems like you were lucky for your day in the Highlands. Can't wait to go back.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ajman - U.A.E.
    Posts
    123

    Re: Water Flows in Scotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Azz252 View Post
    I'm living in Australia at the moment but from Scotland, going home shortly, I went home last August for three and a half weeks and there was one sunny day!...but that's Scottish weather for you. Seems like you were lucky for your day in the Highlands. Can't wait to go back.
    Yes, i don't want to travel anywhere in the world to be in so snowy and raining weather all the time, i need to have sunny days for my photography, maybe i take the sun with me when i travel, hehe

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    17,662
    Real Name
    Have a guess :)

    Re: Water Flows in Scotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Tareq Alhemrani View Post
    Yes, i don't want to travel anywhere in the world to be in so snowy and raining weather all the time, i need to have sunny days for my photography, maybe i take the sun with me when i travel, hehe
    Although just sometimes you can turn it to your advantage - with this shot I was in the water up to my waist - strong wind, and driving rain. The passing rain clouds acted like a natural GND filter into the distance. It took quite a bit of PP, but eventually made the grade (just!) ...

    Water Flows in Scotland

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ajman - U.A.E.
    Posts
    123

    Re: Water Flows in Scotland

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Southern View Post
    Although just sometimes you can turn it to your advantage - with this shot I was in the water up to my waist - strong wind, and driving rain. The passing rain clouds acted like a natural GND filter into the distance. It took quite a bit of PP, but eventually made the grade (just!) ...
    I have similar shot from New Zealand

    I remember i was shooting in an area where it was windy a bit and it started to rain but i keep continued, got really amazing shots.
    I like cloudy weather.
    Last edited by Colin Southern; 5th March 2009 at 04:59 AM. Reason: Remove Quoted Image

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •