Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Warm Heart

I like it.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Willie
    Damn your hide, Sir! You have stolen my line! That's what I was going to say to Al. But once again, you have beaten me to the punch!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ucci View Post
    Willie
    Damn your hide, Sir! You have stolen my line! That's what I was going to say to Al. But once again, you have beaten me to the punch!
    Hahaha! You're fine, Ken. I'll delete it and let it you say it first.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Hahaha! You're fine, Ken. I'll delete it and let it you say it first.
    Don't you dare do that Willie!!!! Your comments carry weight! Mine don't!
    Ken

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Okay. Having gone back and re-looked at Al's photo I wonder if I could ask what was in your mind when you set up this shot? A landscape type sunset by the ocean? Or the peaceful solitude of the lone figure, off in their own little world, enjoying a wade in the ocean? Which is what came across to me as 'the story.' And in this scenario I found the brilliant burst of sun ball to be quite a distraction. But it is highly likely that once again I have got the wrong end of the stick, as we say, and am quite wrong in my assessment of your objective.
    With apologies for taking liberties with your work, but this is just a humble suggestion from me, for what it is worth. And may I please qualify my input with an firm assurance that I am definitely no expert in these matters.

Warm Heart

Real Name

Don't you dare do that Willie!!!! Your comments carry weight! Mine don't!
    Ken
    You're funny, Ken. Oh, boy. Why does this mind can't stop being philosophical? Well, since I still have some few moments before I go as a full time incognito let me indulge you Mr. Outch with some insight: Comparison is a hindrance to growth and expression. I can never be you and you can never be me. Your wisdom can easily be recognized by the succinct jokes that you inject on your replies. As for me, I still have to look up all those rare words that you use to understand what you mean. Still, life goes on.

Some people find it easy to run, while others even struggle just to walk. In the end both are capable to cover a distance. It just so happened that my growth in photography coupled with my emotional upbringing and the colorful events that is happening in my life lately made me express myself more into my images. Can I help it? No, it just comes naturally in its own accord. Same thing with you, Sir. Give your self the time and not be mindful of it and you'll realize that growth has come upon you. As for my comment and yours... they all weigh the same. Words only have meanings if it made a positive change to the ones who heard it. So, Mr. Ken, I won't accept the idea that my comments are heavier than yours, because it would be too hard for my arthritic joints and weak bones.
    Last edited by jiro; 16th June 2011 at 11:43 AM.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Y
    . Words only have meanings if it made a positive change to the ones who heard it. S]

Ah Willie, there you have it in a nutshell. If our 'words' can help some one to grow then that is what it is all about. So, we two are on the same wavelength in this..

because it would be too hard for my arthritic joints and weak bones.
    Crikey. Do you have that problem as well? To me a great day is being able to get out of bed, stand upright and with a bit of luck maybe shuffle the few steps to the bathroom!

And as for you going incognito? Don't even think about it, old son! I will seek you out! For I enjoy reading your astute comments and our subsequent exchanges far too much not to do so!
    Last edited by ucci; 16th June 2011 at 11:50 AM.

Real Name

Crikey. Do you have that problem as well? To me a great day is being able to get out of bed, stand upright and with a bit of luck maybe shuffle the few steps to the bathroom!

And as for you going incognito? Don't even think about it, old son! I will seek you out! For I enjoy our exchanges too much not to do so!
    Sad to say, Yes. It runs in the family. Most of us have weak bones. As for going incognito, sometimes, there are things that you can't prevent from happening and has to give in. Let's enjoy the conversation and the witty jokes while we still can.

For sure, AL would be furious by now to us both for stirring the topic away from her lovely shot. I think we normally do that here at CiC. Hahaha!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

What do you think, Al? Should Willie and Ken have their own TV show? They could critique photos amist colorful commentary. They are, after all, a very entertaining team! LOL!

By the way, Al, I Love your shot!

Uh oh. What did I do? I just want to share this lovely photo. I'm not expecting it would be a very nice topic for exchanging pleasantries. Thanks for viewing anyway.

Thank you Franki!

I like it.
    That's all? You're not gonna tell me to change this or that? Or crop this or that or whatsoever?

Willie
    Hi Sir Ken, thanks for viewing

Real Name
    Bill S

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterlush View Post
    That's all? You're not gonna tell me to change this or that? Or crop this or that or whatsoever?
    Al,

I really don't think there is a need. Your original shot is fantastic, and Ken's cropped version is nice too - but they both are excellent shots as is.

I think what really makes this shot is the fact that you got a very interesting perspective to present to the viewer. Getting in and low to the water presents a view that we might not normally get and so it draws us into the shot. Top it off with a compelling sillhouette and that beautifully warm light, and I don't see a reason to change anything.

Great shot!

- Bill

Al,
    I really like this photo. However, there is one thing I'd like to suggest... try lightening the people just a little. I realize part of the point to the shot is the silhouette, but at first glance, it is hard to see that there are 2 people. And I can't believe I'm the one to "go there".
    Other than that, love the shot and the atmosphere of it. The reflection of the sun in the water is awesome.
    Way to go!
    frankie

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Al,

I really don't think there is a need. Your original shot is fantastic, and Ken's cropped version is nice too - but they both are excellent shots as is.

I think what really makes this shot is the fact that you got a very interesting perspective to present to the viewer. Getting in and low to the water presents a view that we might not normally get and so it draws us into the shot. Top it off with a compelling sillhouette and that beautifully warm light, and I don't see a reason to change anything.

Great shot!

- Bill
    Thank you so much Bill, the view of the outline of the mother and her child during sunset while wading in the water is very extraordinary for me. I didn't waste much time to run and get my camera and walk across the water without disturbing the stillness of the water just to take a shot of them. And later I realized the water was very cold then brrr.Thank you for your comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Al,
    I really like this photo. However, there is one thing I'd like to suggest... try lightening the people just a little. I realize part of the point to the shot is the silhouette, but at first glance, it is hard to see that there are 2 people. And I can't believe I'm the one to "go there".
    Other than that, love the shot and the atmosphere of it. The reflection of the sun in the water is awesome.
    Way to go!
    frankie
    Thanks Frankie. Warm heart refers to the sun, I was suppose to write Mother and Child but then obviously the sun concealed the two figures, I like the glimmer of the sun on the water like you do. Thanks for the suggestion and I'll try to make up on that.