Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Time to reflect

Real Name
    Abhi

Time to reflect

It has been raining almost continuously for the past 24 hours, and there are huge puddles of water everywhere. I managed to take this shot earlier today during a short break.

Time to reflect
    Last edited by abhi; 16th June 2011 at 07:11 AM.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Re: Time to reflect

Quote Originally Posted by abhi View Post
    It has been raining almost continuously for the past 24 hours, and there are huge puddles of water everywhere. I managed to take this shot earlier today during a short break.

Time to reflect
    Hi Abhi, look on the bright side, the rain may be providing you with a unique photographic opportunity. Reflections on the streets from rain water can be used to add sparkle to city scenes. Reflections in puddles can double the interest of a scene, particularly if you get the most interesting part of the image in the reflection. In landscape scenes, some of the most interesting shots are only available when the clouds are broiling and just when the sun peeps out from under a cloud. As the rain is ending you also have a chance to shoot a rainbow if you can catch the sun coming out behind you. Here is a shot I took in the rain at the river’s edge. I hope it will lift your spirits.

Time to reflect

Real Name
    Abhi

Re: Time to reflect

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Abhi, look on the bright side, the rain may be providing you with a unique photographic opportunity. Reflections on the streets from rain water can be used to add sparkle to city scenes. Reflections in puddles can double the interest of a scene, particularly if you get the most interesting part of the image in the reflection. In landscape scenes, some of the most interesting shots are only available when the clouds are broiling and just when the sun peeps out from under a cloud. As the rain is ending you also have a chance to shoot a rainbow if you can catch the sun coming out behind you. Here is a shot I took in the rain at the river’s edge. I hope it will lift your spirits.
    Thank you, Frank. That helps. I will certainly be looking out for the sun tomorrow. Specially after two days of lots of rain and no sun.

Thanks for the tips. I will keep them in mind when I step out after the rain stops.