Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Silent Romance.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Silent Romance.

In relation to my posted image "Kissed By The Sun", I decided to explore this type of shot further but this time using my 50mm f1.8D lens. I took some new shots a couple of hours ago while the sun is setting down. Sure enough, there was considerable differences between the effect of the 50mm lens compared to my 18-70mm zoom. The bokeh and lens flare using the 18-70mm lens seems to be "nicer" while in the 50mm lens you can really distinguish the 7 blade construction of the aperture leaves. I also learned something new when it comes to exposing this kind of shot - if you meter the backlit petals of the flower and use that reading then recompose, you would notice that the reading would be about +1.66 to +2 EV higher than the previous reading you got. I am shooting in manual mode and I am keeping the aperture as my fixed value on the calculation. For this shot, My exposure is at ISO 200, f/4 at 1/400 second. Another new idea learned. Thank you very much for viewing.

Click the image to view it in lightbox.
    Silent Romance.

-------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 50mm lens, processed in LR 3.

Re: Silent Romance.

Wow!

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterlush View Post
    Wow!
    Thanks, AL. Where have you been?

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

Hi Willie - I bought only last week a Canon 50 mm f/1.8 prime lens. I have only had the chance to try it out once so far, but got some interesting results. Your Nikon lens looks similar and I would be interested to known views on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Thanks, AL. Where have you been?
    uhhh...secret.