Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Confused

Real Name
    Paul

Confused

How do I switch back to LR3 from PSE9, managed to go from LR to PSE9 but cant work out how to go back apart from save then reopen in LR, is there a shortcut ?

Thanks
    Last edited by Ruffy; 15th June 2011 at 05:21 PM.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Confused

Hello, Paul. Using LR 3 and CS5 for me, I can create a virtual copy of my image in LR together with my edits and then I right-click the image to get further editing options. I select EDIT IN > Photoshop CS5. Upon clicking LR will export the image (together with the edit I have made so far) to CS5. After editing, I press SAVE in CS5. Now, when I open up LR 3 again (actually it is always open since I did not close the program) I can see my virtual copy of the image together with the further editing that I have done to in CS5. Maybe, that can also do the trick between LR and PSE9 since they are both Adobe Products. I am just not so sure how to they do their handshake protocol when it comes to exporting and importing images back and forth. Hope this helps.

Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Hello, Paul. Using LR 3 and CS5 for me, I can create a virtual copy of my image in LR together with my edits and then I right-click the image to get further editing options. I select EDIT IN > Photoshop CS5. Upon clicking LR will export the image (together with the edit I have made so far) to CS5. After editing, I press SAVE in CS5. Now, when I open up LR 3 again (actually it is always open since I did not close the program) I can see my virtual copy of the image together with the further editing that I have done to in CS5. Maybe, that can also do the trick between LR and PSE9 since they are both Adobe Products. I am just not so sure how to they do their handshake protocol when it comes to exporting and importing images back and forth. Hope this helps.
    Thanks Jiro, I have overcome the problem now however i am on to my next one, Have done all the P&P that I want through LR and PSE9 but I cant seem to upload the file to any photo sharing site now ? I know its coming something to do with the type of file but I just dont know how to overcome it ?

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Check whether your file is still in 16-bit tiff. Most photo uploading site only accepts jpeg so you have to convert your file from 16-bit to 8-bit and in jpeg mode.

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Paul,

Have a read of this thread;

HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?

and in particular, post 6 and follow the process from "Here is a recommended method:" for a good way to downsize, sharpen and post files at a good quality.

Cheers,