Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Carcassonne

Real Name
    Jonathan

Carcassonne

Ok - here goes...still learning how to get to grips with camera and now first stab at post processing. Is it me or is Elements a nightmare to learn and master..? It's taken me a day just to learn how to put a border on...

Anyway all - your usual C&C please. Remember they are my first!

Jon

Re: Carcassonne

Jon

Nothing showing at this end. All is explained HERE

Real Name
    Jonathan

Thanks - I realised after that I hadn't copied the link in. For some reason they won't upload now! Think I have limited the sizes etc but just checking...

Real Name
    Jonathan

Carcassonne

Carcassonne

Real Name
    Jonathan

Also need help on image / canvass size !

Real Name
    Thierry

Hi Jonathan,

I should confess that I have difficulties to understand the link between your title end your pictures.

On the first one your black and white shape is really too big and doesn't not allow a proper reading of the picture.

Real Name
    Jonathan

Je suis d'accord! I agree - I've only just started using elements and am still trying to work out the size of images / canvass and what the difference is. The first time I attached them I previewed the post first and the pictures were huge...!! so I reduced them and got the above. Any suggestions?

Cordialement
    Jon

Real Name
    Thierry

For the upload of my pictures. I use max width 1024 pixels and max height 800. I upload in tinypics. I copy and paste the link and that's it. which software do you use ?

Real Name
    Jonathan

I tried the tinypics for the first time but was a little confused about the size limits. Wasn't sure if they referred to dimensions or pixels...Next time I'll try your sizes.

For best results, Jonathan, resize photos to 700 pixels max on the longest edge and no more than 150 kb. I usually adjust the compression ratio until I get under that size. And quite a few people seem to have had some glitches with the Tinypics upload system recently so you aren't alone.

And don't worry, most photo editing software is confusing at first. Initially I never made much sense of the Elements range and quickly switched to another brand. Eventually I ended up with CS5 but I still find it a bit confusing and rather long winded compared with other software.

But it does produce good results and I am gradually learning to accept it's particular quirks now.

Real Name
    Jonathan

Thanks Geoff. Just tried another picture, hopefully making progress with borders and sizes (see Raspberry Ripple) - your dimensions worked a treat.

Thanks
    Jon

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Jonathan,

The trick is to work in pixels, not inches or centimetres, that way the pixels per in/cm doesn't some into it and you know what size you're going to get. Glad you got it sorted eventually, but I would suggest a read of this thread.

HELP THREAD: How can I post images here?, especially check out the "Here is a recommended method:" section here.

Welcome to the CiC forums from ....