Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    B&w or Color, Please tell me

    Thanks for your reviews

    Thierry

    "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

  2. #2
    rob marshall

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    I think the colour looks better, as it gives more shape and definition (there's quite a lot of detail there). It also needs a bit of lens correction as you stood to the left slightly. I bought the right side towards me a little and rotated 0.2deg clockwise.

    Like so...

    "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

  3. #3
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Nice place, Thierry. On a personal opinion, how I really wish that you had a higher point of view on this one so that the fountain element is not obstructing the building. I know, sometimes what we want is not the one that we get. I am leaning more towards the b&w version for this one. That is one lovely place, btw. Good shot.

  4. #4
    rob marshall

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    ...I really wish that you had a higher point of view on this one so that the fountain element is not obstructing the building. I know, sometimes what we want is not the one that we get.
    Jiro

    You'll be suggesting next that he takes a step-ladder with him! What the ****?

  5. #5
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Jiro

    You'll be suggesting next that he takes a step-ladder with him! What the ****?
    Exactly!

  6. #6

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    I keep one of these (in pink) in my camera bag. It is quite useful when applying the 'continental' style of landcape shooting

    "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france"Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Thierry, I would go with the colour version too.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    I think the colour looks better, as it gives more shape and definition (there's quite a lot of detail there). It also needs a bit of lens correction as you stood to the left slightly. I bought the right side towards me a little and rotated 0.2deg clockwise.

    Like so...
    You are right Rob, that's visible. thanks a lot I did modification on my version.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    I keep one of these (in pink) in my camera bag. It is quite useful when applying the 'continental' style of landcape shooting



    Thierry, I would go with the colour version too.

    I really like you pod Does it exist olive green to not distract horses ! and it could be helpful to go on top of my horse !

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Nice place, Thierry. On a personal opinion, how I really wish that you had a higher point of view on this one so that the fountain element is not obstructing the building. I know, sometimes what we want is not the one that we get. I am leaning more towards the b&w version for this one. That is one lovely place, btw. Good shot.
    You are right Willie that the fountain disturb a little bit the view of the castle. That's a choice that I did to have something in foregroung of the picture. I had in my bag my 10/20mm but I did not performed a shot with it.

  10. #10
    rob marshall

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    I keep one of these (in pink) in my camera bag. It is quite useful when applying the 'continental' style of landcape shooting

    "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france"Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france
    I've got one of those. But mine has more mega-pixels - na-ne-na-ne-na-na...

  11. #11

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    I've got one of those. But mine has more mega-pixels - na-ne-na-ne-na-na...
    Have you been smoking POTN again?

  12. #12
    rob marshall

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Have you been smoking POTN again?
    I did not inhale...

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Hey guys

    Your pod is really too techniical for frenchies and looks like not rugged enough for outdoor deployment.

    I prefer a more rugged and ecologic version w/o risks to scratch the paint as shown below

    "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

  14. #14

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    71

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Quote Originally Posted by tb72 View Post
    Hey guys

    Your pod is really too techniical for frenchies and looks like not rugged enough for outdoor deployment.

    I prefer a more rugged and ecologic version w/o risks to scratch the paint as shown below

    "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france
    quadpod!

  15. #15

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Your pod is really too techniical for frenchies and looks like not rugged enough for outdoor deployment.

    I prefer a more rugged and ecologic version w/o risks to scratch the paint as shown below
    Now thats what I call a tripod (quadpod?)

  16. #16

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Quote Originally Posted by xalupa View Post
    quadpod!
    Not at ll tripod with a rugged vertical column

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    le Mans France
    Posts
    367
    Real Name
    Thierry

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Now thats what I call a tripod (quadpod?)
    Thanks steve to share my technical point of view on this ecologic tripod

  18. #18
    FrankMi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Fort Mill, South Carolina, USA
    Posts
    6,294
    Real Name
    Frank Miller

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Is NO ONE using a rocket back-pack to get the desired height? Pity.

  19. #19
    rob marshall

    Re: "Champ de Bataille" castle, Normandy, france

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Is NO ONE using a rocket back-pack to get the desired height? Pity.
    Frank

    The problem with you is that you watch too many Bond movies. But it's a great movie, and it's a great way for us landscapers to carry all that heavy gear.

    I think we have gone off thread...

    PS I see that scene was filmed at Chateau Anet, Eure-et-Loir, France. It's close! Maybe we have not gone off-thread

    Last edited by rob marshall; 12th June 2011 at 08:05 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •