Thread: Untitled.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Untitled.

Thank you very much for viewing.

Click the image to view it in lightbox.
    Untitled.

--------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens, Processed in LR 3.

Real Name
    Ashish Chalapuram

Re: Untitled.

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    Thank you very much for viewing.

Very interesting shot. Capturing them as they try to capture themselves!

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by ashish View Post
    Very interesting shot. Capturing them as they try to capture themselves!
    Thanks for viewing, Ashish.

Real Name
    John

They should be happy, yet they look sad.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    That's because the guy is looking at Jiro wondering "Why is that nosey guy taking our shot of us taking a shot of ourselves..." So, Jiro - did he punch your lights out, as we say over here in Britland?

I love the look of total disinterest on the guy in the far background.

The next image in the series is a shot of the sky...inverted layer technique obviously

Jiro, I do think you are very brave with your people shots and it is certainly paying off

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowman View Post
    Thanks for viewing, John. Actually this young couple is very much in love with each other if I would react to their PDOA (public display of affection). On this shot, if you would zoom closer, the guy was looking at the camera and maybe due to the hot afternoon sun he's not that too happy to give a smily face when he's hugged by his wife. There is another better moment of the two in the shade but I wasn't able to take the shot 'coz it's already our time to get the tickets from the booth.
    Last edited by jiro; 12th June 2011 at 01:55 PM.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    That's because the guy is looking at Jiro wondering "Why is that nosey guy taking our shot of us taking a shot of ourselves..." So, Jiro - did he punch your lights out, as we say over here in Britland?

I love the look of total disinterest on the guy in the far background.
    Hahaha! Your comment made me laugh, Rob. Even if the guy approached me I still have an alibi 'coz the little kid behind them to the right is my son, James. This two I should say are sport. They've seen me taking shots of almost anything I can think of. They're in front of my family on the ticket line. I got bored waiting so I got out of the line and just start looking for some photo opportunities. That's when I saw his wife getting showy and want to take their picture. I don't know, but probably reading a lot about Henry Cartier Bresson and his approach to photography I decided to wait for that "moment" before clicking the shutter. Upon bringing up the viewfinder of the camera to my eyes and look at it, I was waiting for some expression on the guy's face when I notice the presence of the vendor at the background. My brain went to over-drive trying to process everything in a split second. I already set the camera's focus point on the guy's face and set the aperture to f/4.5 so I can somehow blur the background. The camera is into Aperture Priority mode so I don't care anymore about the shutter since I know i'll get a fast shutter speed because it's noon at that time. I used my peripheral vision method on this one - I am aware of the couple and yet I am also trying to be aware of the vendor at the background. When i noticed that the vendor shifted his head to look at the dolphins at the front area that's the time I pressed the shutter button. That's the vision I saw in my mind when I took the shot, more like a juxtaposition - a couple in love showing affection and a stranger in the background with no interest on the two.

If he punches the lights out of me and me seeing stars and little birds after that, that would be scary. This guy is big. More like 190 Lbs or probably heavier, 6'2" and probably doing weights. But I'm good. No harm done, Rob.
    Last edited by jiro; 12th June 2011 at 01:53 PM.

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    The next image in the series is a shot of the sky...inverted layer technique obviously

Jiro, I do think you are very brave with your people shots and it is certainly paying off
    Thanks, Steve. I'm OK after this shot and the camera is still shooting horizontally and not towards the sun (unless I got punched as Rob predicts it. ).

Sometimes, or actually most of the time, my urge to get the shot that I want gets ahead of me before I could think of any sensible idea to be on the safe side. If my lens has a longer reach (I am using my 18-70mm almost 90% of the time now) I wouldn't be too obvious to this two but luckily I still got the shot that I want. I'm really lucky with this one since this is the only shot that I took of them.

Real Name
    John Wright

This,I'm sure, wouldn't have had the same impact in colour - I found myself briefly drawn into their relationship, a moment in time and all sorts of interpretations could be put on it. Odd I should have said what I did re.intrusion relating the 'Big Boys' photo before I came to this one and Rob highlights this aspect too (in a jocular way of course) but we wouldn't see some of the wonderful images of moments like this captured if there weren't photographers who saw past that aspect .The Big Boys photo isn't really intrusion like this one though but I was just making the point re. my feelings concerning 'people photography'...had I come across distressed people re. the storms there's no way I would have photographed them but many would say that it conveys the tragedy of the moment. Some are comfortable with this area of photography and some not...at the end of the day, as we say here, this is a very good shot.

Real Name

Thanks for your comment, John. I appreciate it. Our own photographs even tells something about us. Me, being emotional (at times) tend to lean on images that shows different kinds of human emotion. I am even beginning to notice from the images that I am taking that I'm becoming more and more interested in capturing people in their unguarded moments with my camera. Sometimes I get lucky and able to talk to some of them so they get comfortable with me. At times, like this one, you simply have to grab that moment or it will be gone forever. If there are some humor in my shots, I think it's not the kind of humor that you would really get furious about but more like a light humor about life in general.
    Last edited by jiro; 12th June 2011 at 11:51 PM.

Real Name
    Thierry

Nice shot and "scene of life" Willie

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by tb72 View Post
    Nice shot and "scene of life" Willie
    Thank you very much for the nice comment and for looking, Thierry.

Hey Sir, did you ask permission from the guy? And what's the other guy selling?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterlush View Post
    Hey Sir, did you ask permission from the guy? And what's the other guy selling?
    Hey, Mam. What happened to your avatar? All legs and no face? Just kidding. Nope, I did not ask permission and the guy at the back is selling these Shamu drinking bottles that also acts as souvenirs.

Hey, Mam. What happened to your avatar? All legs and no face? Just kidding. Nope, I did not ask permission and the guy at the back is selling these Shamu drinking bottles that also acts as souvenirs.
    Will you please keep your eyes off my avatar, I'm talking about your post not my avatar.(suplada ako)

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterlush View Post
    Will you please keep your eyes off my avatar, I'm talking about your post not my avatar.(suplada ako)
    Ouch!!! Touchy.

Ouch!!! Touchy.
    matulog ka na!