Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Snug: a series

Real Name
    Raylee

Snug: a series

I've been playing with Silver Efex Pro 2 and I like what it can do. Here are some examples.

(Click to view larger)

Thanks for looking.

R

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Snug: a series

Nice set, Raylee. You seem to be having fun with the sepia toning. Looks good.

Really neat, Raylee! I found myself lost and staring at these to take in the textures and shapes. Of course, I'm a bit loony, so.... I wish that there was just a little bit more light in the front so that I could pick up more detail - maybe, it's a little bit in shadow? Maybe, it just needs a little bit more "white" with the level? (well, that's what i would call it in iphoto.) I'm excited to see you explore more with SEP!

Hey, Raylee, btw, I've been thinking about you. I've been thinking about when you worked on photographing the wine glasses. That was so brave of you to experiment with that kind of lighting. I'm afraid to take the plunge. I LOVE reading Light: Science and Magic but I'm afraid to try and practice it. Am I ridiculous or what?! Anyway, I figure that you're still alive after the experience - I just might survive it - one of these days, that is.

The thing that interests me here is that you have created the scene from scratch. As you know I have been known on the odd occasion to create a view that would not have strictly existed if I had been strolling around the local duck pond with my 40D bouncing off my paunch. I love the idea that with enough confidence you can fabricate a scene for the purpose of photography. In fact I should do far more of this. I think the only thing I would say with these is that when you create your own scene you can do whatever you wish and for me the nest is too conventional. I think you can really go off the wall with stuff like this. Egg in a condom, egg on barbed wire eggcetera.

And a philosophical question....what constitutes the art - the creation or the photograph?