Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Cooling Off

Real Name
    Steve

Cooling Off

I originally built this for the humming birds. I've had it out and running for about a month now. Haven't been seeing too many hummers, but the other birds are starting to use it now.

This is my first pic of a bird on my homemade waterfall. Hope to get some humming birds bathing on it soon.

This is actually a very difficult shot. High contrast shot, with the water. Lots of movement. Slow shutter speeds because they use it at about 8:00 pm. You have to get extremely close with out spooking them, or you will have to crop too much.

I need to cut my distance in half and switch to the straight 300mm to get the shots i want.
    Not quite happy with the results yet, but i'll figure it out soon and get some good one's.

Hope you enjoy this one..............................

Cooling Off

Real Name
    Paul

Re: Cooling Off

Fantastic work Steve! I like everything about this shot!

The usual 'super'!

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Beautiful, Steve! Do you have some sort of a blind set up so that you can get close without spooking them?

Real Name
    Steve

Thanks ....... paul,katy,frank. Frank, i have a blind, but i didn't use it for these shots. I'm not shure if i'll have to or not. If you spend some time next to them, they get use to you after a while.

I need to get some different rocks and make a few changes. I might place a lighter background as well. Going to have to play around and see what i can come up with.

It's very cool to watch them on the rocks. They flop all over the place and splash around. They even stick their head under the running water. (one of the changes i want to make is have a 2 layer falls so they can get under it . The way i have it now, there isn't much room between the top and bottom rocks.)