Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Went to the zoo.

Real Name
    Paul

Went to the zoo.

I must say while I am not a big fan of animals being kept in cages....I have to give it to the Seattle Zoo for trying to create the largest most natural habitat possible. Having been to zoos around the US I find Seattles to be one of the cleanest and most natural. Here are a couple of my better shots of the day. Mostly just sharing but....feel free to critique!

Went to the zoo.

Went to the zoo.

Went to the zoo.

Went to the zoo.

Went to the zoo.

Went to the zoo.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Went to the zoo.

6 Thumbs, Paul! I like how you captured each animal in a very unique pose. Ain't shooting in a zoo a good practice? My suggestion?... watch out for your white balance. I would pick #1, #2 and #4 as my favorite on this series.

Real Name
    Paul

Thanks Jiro, Yes WB was a bit of an issue as the conditions were changing nearly every shot. =} Oh....and to answer you Jiro....Yes it is great practice.
    Last edited by jeeperman; 7th June 2011 at 08:36 PM.

Real Name
    Doug

Nice job Paul. I really like the Sun Bear and Brown Bear shots. Good practice indeed.

Real Name
    Chris

Nice shots, Paul...love the bears!

Real Name
    Paul

Thanks Doug and Chris. Here is another bear shot for ya Chris. I thought it was kinda cute until I look at the claws! Doug, here is my Green Heron shots....I would have added to your thread but the one is nearly an exact copy of yours.
    While these are native here, I have yet to find one in the wild. I will work on it. Until then I have these.

Went to the zoo.

Went to the zoo.

Went to the zoo.

Real Name
    Doug

Very nice Paul. You did frame you Green Heron shot a little differently. I also like the wider shot of it. The Sun Bear looks so cute in that photo. The claws are a pretty good deterrent from getting a hug.

Real Name
    Ken Outch

Hi Paul
    Fantastic shots. All of them winners. But #4 and #6 are my pick.
    I haven't been to the zoo since my children were much younger than my grandchildren. Okay, a clumsy way of saying I haven't been to the zoo for yonks. Your pics may just have re-awakened my interest. As Willie says, what a great place to be turned loose with a camera! Though I have to admit I still cringe when I recall my last zoo visit. In hindsight it was not a really clever plan to take a pre pubertal daughter to the zoo during the mating season.
    Ken

Real Name
    Paul

Thanks Doug and yes hugs maybe a bad idea.

Ken, thank you. It had been a long long time for me as well. I am happy my photos were able to re-awaken or inspire. It is honestly more difficult to shoot there than I had anticipated. Movement being restricted and a zillion people to work around, not to mention timing...as the animals have a their own schedule.