Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Fledgling

  1. #1
    Jim B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,219
    Real Name
    Jim

    Fledgling

    A young Robin taking a break from flight lessons.
    Just started working with a new set up for birds.Very pleased with the results.

    Fledgling

    1DIII 100-400 IS+1.4xTC
    560mm f/8 ISO 800 1/100" spot metered +2/3 EC handheld

    C&C always appreciated.

  2. #2
    abhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    408
    Real Name
    Abhi

    Re: Fledgling

    Nice and sharp, Jim. What do you of a 4x5 crop with the Robin at the left 1/3 line?

    PS: Would you mind sharing some details of your new setup?

  3. #3
    Rasbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    florida U.S.A.
    Posts
    467
    Real Name
    Ron

    Re: Fledgling

    Thats a beautiful photo Jim.Looks like your new set-up is working good.

  4. #4
    Jim B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,219
    Real Name
    Jim

    Re: Fledgling

    Quote Originally Posted by abhi View Post
    Nice and sharp, Jim. What do you of a 4x5 crop with the Robin at the left 1/3 line?

    PS: Would you mind sharing some details of your new setup?
    Thanks,Abhi,I'll give your suggestion a go.I still struggle some with composition.
    I had been using a Canon 50D and the 100-400 IS for my wildlife set up,but wanted more reach.I added a 1.4x TC but struggled with focus(no auto focus with this combo).
    I found a really good deal on a used 1DIII,so I sold the 50D.The 1DIII will auto focus with my lens and TC combo.
    I'm very happy with the results I'm getting.

  5. #5
    Jim B.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    1,219
    Real Name
    Jim

    Re: Fledgling

    Quote Originally Posted by Rasbury View Post
    Thats a beautiful photo Jim.Looks like your new set-up is working good.
    Ron,thanks for the comment.I've been putting the combo through it's paces the past couple of weeks.It's pushed me to really pay attention to my technique.Also has made me realize I need to start working with a tripod.Free standing handheld has become tougher.

  6. #6
    abhi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    408
    Real Name
    Abhi

    Re: Fledgling

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim B. View Post
    Thanks,Abhi,I'll give your suggestion a go.I still struggle some with composition.
    I had been using a Canon 50D and the 100-400 IS for my wildlife set up,but wanted more reach.I added a 1.4x TC but struggled with focus(no auto focus with this combo).
    I found a really good deal on a used 1DIII,so I sold the 50D.The 1DIII will auto focus with my lens and TC combo.
    I'm very happy with the results I'm getting.
    Thanks, Jim. That's a nice setup to have.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Chile
    Posts
    71

    Re: Fledgling

    I like it in all aspects.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •