Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Urban Assault

  1. #1

    Urban Assault

    You can blame this on Raylee. She sent me a couple of links that put ideas into my head.

    Urban Assault

  2. #2
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Urban Assault

    Steve, you are now our certified resident abstract artist at CiC.

    Sorry for the wrong typo on the first posting.
    Last edited by jiro; 1st June 2011 at 05:30 PM.

  3. #3
    rob marshall

    Re: Urban Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Urban Assault
    Steve

    WOW! great shot. This is a very pretty landscape shot - and I do love landscapes. I love the foreground rocks with the milky slow-exposure water swirling around them. Then the urgent lead lines across the sands to the light-house, which is nicely positioned at the third-spot. The setting sun has been skilfully captured, with the cotton-puff clouds drinking in and holding the warm evening colours.

    Is it Whitby harbour by any chance?

  4. #4
    Moderator Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glenfarg, Scotland
    Posts
    19,920
    Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

    Re: Urban Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    WOW! great shot. This is a very pretty landscape shot - and I do love landscapes. I love the foreground rocks with the milky slow-exposure water swirling around them. Then the urgent lead lines across the sands to the light-house, which is nicely positioned at the third-spot. The setting sun has been skilfully captured, with the cotton-puff clouds drinking in and holding the warm evening colours.
    That's exactly what I thought!

    I just want to know the thought process that got us from a couple of links sent by Raylee, to this image. I just remain in awe of the the imagination that can create this (or should I be afraid?).

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pico Rivera CA
    Posts
    77
    Real Name
    Henry

    Re: Urban Assault

    This is like a hidden object game...I see an acient astronaut, an 87 (or sideways 50?) an evil Pac Man, a frog and (bird or reptile), warped clock, cross, mouse...I'm coming back to look at this again, Those colors look like they are on glass like the sun is going to shine through it soon as the cloud passes.........Urban America red white and blue

  6. #6
    Moderator Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glenfarg, Scotland
    Posts
    19,920
    Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

    Re: Urban Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by henry17106 View Post
    I see an acient astronaut, an 87 (or sideways 50?) an evil Pac Man, a frog and (bird or reptile), warped clock, cross, mouse...
    Henry

    Sounds like your on the same pills as him!

  7. #7

    Re: Urban Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That's exactly what I thought!

    I just want to know the thought process that got us from a couple of links sent by Raylee, to this image. I just remain in awe of the the imagination that can create this (or should I be afraid?).
    Thank you for coming up with words for it! I like it - very vivid and graphic (er, sorry - I'm being redundant but, it is...) and the severed/cut finger.....

  8. #8

    Re: Urban Assault

    Steve, you are now our certified resident abstract artist at CiC.
    Ah, but do I get a comfy chair and a polished brass name plate like Donalds

    Is it Whitby harbour by any chance?
    It is whatever you want it to be...Scarborough actually

    I just want to know the thought process that got us from a couple of links sent by Raylee, to this image.
    She has a knack of introducing me to artwork that inspires. Well that and 4 hours of the room spinning and vomiting - I always seem to think more clearly after a vertigo attack

    This is like a hidden object game...I see an acient astronaut, an 87 (or sideways 50?) an evil Pac Man, a frog and (bird or reptile), warped clock, cross, mouse...I'm coming back to look at this again, Those colors look like they are on glass like the sun is going to shine through it soon as the cloud passes.........Urban America red white and blue
    He understands me!

    Thank you for coming up with words for it! I like it - very vivid and graphic (er, sorry - I'm being redundant but, it is...) and the severed/cut finger.....
    Thanks Katy. Don't worry I have gotten used to people not knowing what to say when they see my work. Its the same reaction a guy gives when asked "does my bum look big in this"

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pico Rivera CA
    Posts
    77
    Real Name
    Henry

    Re: Urban Assault

    OK had to come back for another look and now I see, in the photo on Rob's reply, a woman looking at me from between and just above the thumbs! I'll be back...

  10. #10
    rob marshall

    Re: Urban Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Urban Assault
    Steve

    I think you should send a copy of this to Marks and Spencer. They could use it in their advertising campaigns with that 'MS' in the bottom right corner.

    Actually, I do like it, but don't ask me to qualify why I like it, because I'm not sure. Initially I got a sense that it was a flag, either UK or American. That was probably due to the red, white and blue which are very vibrant. But the blood on the hands?

  11. #11
    Camellia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    719
    Real Name
    Raylee

    Re: Urban Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    You can blame this on Raylee. She sent me a couple of links that put ideas into my head.

    Urban Assault
    I'm very honoured to be blamed for this!

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    She has a knack of introducing me to artwork that inspires. Well that and 4 hours of the room spinning and vomiting - I always seem to think more clearly after a vertigo attack
    As long as I'm not to blame for the vomiting and room spinning! Is this your way of telling me you don't want to talk to me any more???

    I like this Steve and I like the title - very appropriate.

    There was some interesting Mancurian art on the link you sent me. One of these days I'll get to Manchester and visit the Hacienda Club, and reminisce about the days of Factory Records, and imagine what life was like for Morrissey and Marr as teenagers... Has anyone seen my Tardis lately?

    R

  12. #12
    rob marshall

    Re: Urban Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
    I'm very honoured to be blamed for this!
    Well, don't stop there, my dear. We can blame you for everything that goes wrong around here if you wish it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
    As long as I'm not to blame for the vomiting and room spinning! Is this your way of telling me you don't want to talk to me any more???:eek:
    Maybe it's his way of telling you he likes you!

  13. #13
    Camellia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    719
    Real Name
    Raylee

    Re: Urban Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Well, don't stop there, my dear. We can blame you for everything that goes wrong around here if you wish it?
    Let me think about that for a while please Rob



    Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Maybe it's his way of telling you he likes you!
    If that's how he says he likes someone, how does he say he doesn't like someone??? Scary thought.

    In case you were wondering what Steve and I had been chatting about, we were sharing links on Peter Saville (a graphic designer responsible for Joy Division and New Order album covers) and a photographer who died at a young age called Francesca Woodman. If anyone would like to chat with me about these things, please contact me but I know they won't be everyone's cup of tea.

    R

  14. #14
    wilgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    2,409
    Real Name
    Kay

    Re: Urban Assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Camellia View Post
    Let me think about that for a while please Rob





    If that's how he says he likes someone, how does he say he doesn't like someone??? Scary thought.

    In case you were wondering what Steve and I had been chatting about, we were sharing links on Peter Saville (a graphic designer responsible for Joy Division and New Order album covers) and a photographer who died at a young age called Francesca Woodman. If anyone would like to chat with me about these things, please contact me but I know they won't be everyone's cup of tea.

    R
    I think it's best from my point of view anyway - that those of us in the non artistic abstract creating genre.... stay right where we are & wonder from afar

    Those more brave than I, may venture forth at their own risk!
    Last edited by wilgk; 3rd June 2011 at 01:30 AM.

  15. #15

    Re: Urban Assault

    One of these days I'll get to Manchester and visit the Hacienda Club,
    Sadly they tore it down in 1997 to make way for these flats. I could never get in anyway. Having more than a whiff of the Kneb about me in those days I had to make do with dives like the Swinging Sporran
    Urban Assault

    Maybe it's his way of telling you he likes you!
    thats what we say to all the girls Its grim oop north if you can believe Pete Wylie.

    As long as I'm not to blame for the vomiting and room spinning! Is this your way of telling me you don't want to talk to me any more???
    Rest assured you are not. I have not had a drop that bad for a while but its one of lifes interesting little distractions. My ribs aint half sore from 3 hours of the gagging reflex doing overtime though.

    If anyone would like to chat with me about these things
    Be careful Raylee you could attract all sorts of weirdos

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •