Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Ripped Red

Ripped Red

I keep shooting these damn poppies. Every time I view them I think "yep thats pretty" and consign it to the chintz folder. Now the chintz folder is a tattered and ripped cardboard box sitting in the basement of my computer - in the dull light given off by the sixty watt bulb the poppy looked much bolder and sitting amongst the back issues of readers digest and Razzle it was radiating a different kind of beauty. I can see I will get some milage out of the box texture

Ripped Red

Real Name
    Shannon

Re: Ripped Red

I love this!!

Real Name
    Ron

Excellent use of a cardboard box.Was this done with a displacement map?This is to cool Steve!

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post

Ripped Red
    Ribbed - for extra comfort...

Real Name
    Sam Smith, I have photo ID

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Ribbed - for extra comfort...
    Thats funny.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Smith View Post
    Thats funny.
    It's important to think out of the box.

Real Name
    Bill S

It's important to think out of the box.
    Or inside it in this case.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by ktuli View Post
    Or inside it in this case.
    Well, that's the good thing about Steve (love talking about people in the third person...) he always does think outside the box. And that's why his shots are always so intriguing, enigmatic, and interesting. It must be the Northern air.

Real Name
    Bill S

Well, that's the good thing about Steve (love talking about people in the third person...) he always does think outside the box. And that's why his shots are always so intriguing, enigmatic, and interesting. It must be the Northern air.
    Aye - truly an artist.

Real Name
    Chris

Or, better pharmeceuticals

I love this!!
    Thanks Shannon
    Excellent use of a cardboard box.Was this done with a displacement map?This is to cool Steve!
    Ron, this was done simply by using layers with several images over layed with different layer modes and opacities applied. The main effort is with the eraser tool to uncover the areas you wish to accent and with the dodge and burn tools to get an even finish. Each layer has to be adjusted in levels and the hues and hues and saturations tinkered with. You have to think a head a bit but it is relatively basic PP.

Your cheque is in the post

truly an artist.
    If that means I am confused, frustrated and have contemplated cutting my ear off - thats about right. In terms of artistic merit I fear i have some way to go and at this rate my aspirations will probably out live my body

Or, better pharmeceuticals
    Not allowed - I am drugs tested each year (and randomly as seen fit) as a condition of my service contract. But I do have a steady intake of motion sickness tablets and betahistine's to combat the symptoms of Menieres. Maybe that is what causes these trips into loopy land