Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Paint The Town Red

Paint The Town Red

I love RED! Symbol for love, passion and courage, we can easily find them, at home, in the garden, in the streets everywhere. Do you have pictures with red? C'mon show us and let's paint the town RED!

Paint The Town Red

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Paint The Town Red

Quote Originally Posted by jupiterlush View Post
    I love RED! Symbol for love, passion and courage, we can easily find them, at home, in the garden, in the streets everywhere. Do you have pictures with red? C'mon show us and let's paint the town RED!

Paint The Town Red
    Nice shot, Al. This reminds me of the happy times hanging out with my buddies and clients at the Ayala Complex in Makati.

Thank you Jiro. I was playing with PS a while ago hehehe. It was taken in Singapore years back. I love going to Ayala too with friends and go foodtripping .

Real Name
    Richard

I love the contrast of colors in your image. The reds are very vibrant against the blue hue of the background. The one facet of the image which disturbs me slightly is the baby stroller in the foreground. I could not identify it as a stroller right off the bat and studying the image to identify the stroller attracted my interest away from the rest of the subjects. Somehow, all the leading lines seem to converge in the stroller making it the point of interest.

Singapore is a great place to shoot. It is an amalgamation of Western and Eastern cultures as well as an amalgamation of old and new.

BTW: I also absolutely love the Philippines and the Filipino people. I have spent a lot of time in your country and have some very fond memories of the friendliness of the people, the beauty of the countryside and the wonderfully picturesque cities and towns. I would love to return there for a month or two and shoot with my digital equipment. It would take me that length of time (or more) to cover what I would like to shoot.

One of my favorite memories was attending a festival of indigenous people up in the lovely Baguio area. If memory serves me, that festival was called the Grand Canao (I don't know how to insert the ~ over the n). It was a wonderfully colorful and picturesque event and I would love to return to shoot it with my digital equipment.

Another area I to which I would love to return is the Bataan Peninsula, including the island fortress of Corregidor which shares some dark World War II history with Singapore; both of which fell to the Japanese forces in early 1942.

I was lucky to have some very good Filipino friends who introduced me to the history and culture of your nation. I lived in the Philippines for extended periods during 1977 and then again in 1980.

Thank you very much Richard, with your descriptions of us, I'm ever prouder. As for that stroller I noticed that too and I think they called that the umbrella type stroller which is common in Asian countries because they're easier to handle. Good for you that you already visited Corregidor, you know I haven't been there, we we're planning to go there but the rainy season has begun and it's not really advisable to travel by water during this season.

Anyway if you're planning to come here again, I would suggest you go to Banaue, Sagada and Bontoc provinces. It's just 6 hours travel from Baguio. It's a very picturesque place and I know you would enjoy photo shooting. The hike in the rice terraces of Batad is breathtaking and unforgettable, we even had a chance to sleep in their native huts(where the natives lives).

Real Name
    Chris

Oooh-ooh...and it's a RED MINI which just happens to be my license tag...Great SHOT!

Thank you Chris. I've been praying for a Red Mini

Real Name
    Chris

I have two of them...I do so loves dem.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniChris View Post
    I have two of them...I do so loves dem.
    That is sooo cool! I can see it in your avatar...is that the red one? What color is the other one?

Real Name
    Henry

I like the bottom right quadrant of the photo, wonder how it would look if you cropped and played with that section...

Quote Originally Posted by henry17106 View Post
    I like the bottom right quadrant of the photo, wonder how it would look if you cropped and played with that section...
    Paint The Town Red

Hi Henry, is this the part you're referring at? I think I'll miss the red cooper.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Al, I like that crop better. I wonder. What if you were to use a portrait crop and include the Mini at the top? You might need to tone down the red dress a bit so that it doesn't compete with what would be three bright red focal points?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankMi View Post
    Hi Al, I like that crop better. I wonder. What if you were to use a portrait crop and include the Mini at the top? You might need to tone down the red dress a bit so that it doesn't compete with what would be three bright red focal points?
    Hi Frank, I don't know if I did the right thing. Honestly I'm not really good with editing but I did my best. And I thank you for all your encouragement. I hope it looks fine with you.

Paint The Town Red

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Hi Al,

I was thinking of your first crop, only going a bit higher to get Chris' Mini in the shot. Something like this?

Paint The Town Red

I like your idea as well but thought you didn't want the stroller in the shot. I lowered the luminance on all but the three red objects a bit as I felt that they may be pulling the eye away from the subject. I'm still rather new at this as well so others may have better ideas to contribute.
    Last edited by FrankMi; 31st May 2011 at 10:26 PM.