Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Dreams

Dreams

One that should have disappeared onto the cutting room floor I think. I will run it past you anyway. I can see something there but it is not really what was in my head.

Dreams

Re: Dreams

Oh, wow, I see what you mean.... this is a neat idea! I like the water and the eyes but don't get the blobby orb in the middle. I mean, I really like the idea of the water with the face and started to expound on that but, on second thought, I'll leave it right there! the body of water isn't vast enough, though.

Real Name
    Ron

Very interesting image you have there Steve.The eye's a really colorful and the water looks cool.(was the water made with a displace map?)I like the image in the bubble but where it sits kind of looks like a clown nose.

Real Name
    John

I like it.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

You'll probably have to kill me if you told me but I gotta ask! How did you get the eye iris' to look like that with the color changes and horizontal line?

Real Name
    Abhi

Steve,

I like the idea. Very interesting. Maybe a reflection of water in the eyes would help connect the two better. Right now they seem slightly disjoint to me.

Oh, wow, I see what you mean.... this is a neat idea! I like the water and the eyes but don't get the blobby orb in the middle. I mean, I really like the idea of the water with the face and started to expound on that but, on second thought, I'll leave it right there! the body of water isn't vast enough, though.
    Katy I agree. The dreams are represented by the bubble but it does not quite work that way as a compilation. The original concept just had the eyes and the water but something was missing. I will also see what things look like with a greater expanse of water. All good comments and I will take on board one way or another. Of course in thinking this through this could turn into something totally different.
    I like the image in the bubble but where it sits kind of looks like a clown nose.
    Ha, my wife made a similar comment Ron (my harshest critic)

I like it.
    Thanks John, It just needs a little more thought for me. I get carried away somethimes

You'll probably have to kill me if you told me but I gotta ask! How did you get the eye iris' to look like that with the color changes and horizontal line?
    Frank, no secret to jewel eyes. First select the whole eye and use levels (or curves) to whiten the eyeball. Then sharpen that area to taste. This will also lighten the iris. Next select the iris alone and use the Hue and Saturation dialog to colour the eye (using the Hue slider). Finally zoom to 100% and use a small soft edged blur brush to blend in the the sharp edges caused by the USM. The black bars are simply reflections but again this can be added with some careful brush work. It goes without saying that you need to select both eyes at once (Add to Current selection) unless you want the David Bowie look.

Maybe a reflection of water in the eyes would help connect the two better. Right now they seem slightly disjoint to me.
    Abhi, I did try that but I actually wanted the disjoint - outside looking in effect - so the reflection did not work for me.

Real Name
    Frank Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Wirefox View Post
    Frank, no secret to jewel eyes. First select the whole eye and use levels (or curves) to whiten the eyeball. Then sharpen that area to taste. This will also lighten the iris. Next select the iris alone and use the Hue and Saturation dialog to colour the eye (using the Hue slider). Finally zoom to 100% and use a small soft edged blur brush to blend in the the sharp edges caused by the USM. The black bars are simply reflections but again this can be added with some careful brush work. It goes without saying that you need to select both eyes at once (Add to Current selection) unless you want the David Bowie look.
    Neat! I'll have to give that a try! I took a look at your web site. Fascinating!