Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

  1. #1
    Clactonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Essex Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    1,173
    Real Name
    Mike Bareham

    Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Chamonix, France

    Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Don't You Just Love The Mountains

  2. #2

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Absolutely breathtaking, Mike! They're so clear and the feeling of high mountain air - it's like we can smell it. I'm shy about mentioning it but what do you think about a little bit of a crop on #3? There's a little rock or something down there that's distracting me and, then, it would give more of a feel of (deep National Geographic narrator voice) "the mountain range". Just an idea. The other thought that comes to mind is, "my! That's steep!" Thanks for taking us on your travels!

  3. #3
    rob marshall

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Don't You Just Love The Mountains
    Yes, I do, very much. They have been a source of constant inspiration and happiness for me for over 30 years of hill-walking, fell-running, and mountain-biking. I sometimes think I have only ever been happy when in the hills.

    Great shots. very crisp, clean and I want to get out there!

  4. #4
    Moderator Donald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glenfarg, Scotland
    Posts
    20,025
    Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    They just take the breath away.

    Don't think #4 is as strong a composition as the others. But we're really splitting hairs here. Excellent work, Mike

  5. #5
    Clactonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Essex Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    1,173
    Real Name
    Mike Bareham

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Thanks both for your comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Katy Noelle View Post
    I'm shy about mentioning it but what do you think about a little bit of a crop on #3? There's a little rock or something down there that's distracting me...
    No need to be shy ... frankly I hadn't noticed it in the trees. Good point.

    I want to get out there!
    Just 75 minutes from Gatwick to Geneva and a glorious drive up the valley to Chamonix. Magic!! I only went for a long weekend.

  6. #6
    Clactonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Essex Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    1,173
    Real Name
    Mike Bareham

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Don't think #4 is as strong a composition as the others.
    I agree. I was on the balcony cooking at the BBQ (drying off from a spell in the hot tub whilst enjoying a couple of beers) when I saw the light on the mountains. Took a quick snap before the brochettes burned!!

    Thanks for your comments.

  7. #7

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Quote Originally Posted by Clactonian View Post
    I agree. I was on the balcony cooking at the BBQ (drying off from a spell in the hot tub whilst enjoying a couple of beers) when I saw the light on the mountains. Took a quick snap before the brochettes burned!!

    Thanks for your comments.

  8. #8
    Rasbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    florida U.S.A.
    Posts
    467
    Real Name
    Ron

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Yes i do love the mountains!Those are beautiful photo's Mike.Will have to plan me a trip to the Blue Ridge mountains in the eastern half of the U.S after seeing these photo's.Thanks for sharing.

  9. #9
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    #1 and #2 is simply breathtaking for me, Mike. The exposure and sharpness is spot on. Thank you very much for sharing. I'm deeply encouraged by the scenery you showed here.

  10. #10
    rob marshall

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Quote Originally Posted by Clactonian View Post
    Just 75 minutes from Gatwick to Geneva and a glorious drive up the valley to Chamonix. Magic!! I only went for a long weekend.
    Yes. I've been meaning to do the Tour de Mont Blanc, which starts at Chamonix, for years now, but have never got around to it. I have done one of the high-level routes in The Italian Dolomites though, and the memory of sleeping one night on a hard pallet between two stout German ladies is enduring...

    Can't recall where my wife was that night.

  11. #11
    Clactonian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Essex Sunshine Coast
    Posts
    1,173
    Real Name
    Mike Bareham

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    #1 and #2 is simply breathtaking for me, Mike.
    Thanks Willie.
    I'm going to try some black & white conversions .... it's not like me to post colour!!

  12. #12
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Quote Originally Posted by Clactonian View Post
    Thanks Willie.
    I'm going to try some black & white conversions .... it's not like me to post colour!!
    I'm already hyped by the colored version and now you'll do a b&w version? I'd probably hallucinate in ecstasy! Hahaha! You do know that I'm a sucker for b&w, Mike. Can't wait to see it, mate. Cheers.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    1,732
    Real Name
    james

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    stunning shots

  14. #14
    rwfarnell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Clearwater, Fl
    Posts
    203
    Real Name
    Rob Farnell

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Great Job, Very well done

  15. #15
    wilgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    2,409
    Real Name
    Kay

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    aah here I was basking in the glow of these wonderful shots - wishing I could maybe 1 day go there..... and then Rob pops up with his 2 stout ladies put me right off my lunch!
    terrific shots Mike

  16. #16
    rob marshall

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    aah here I was basking in the glow of these wonderful shots - wishing I could maybe 1 day go there..... and then Rob pops up with his 2 stout ladies put me right off my lunch!
    terrific shots Mike
    Well, if I were doing it again (temptation looms on the horizon...) I'd obviously have to hope for two slim CiC ladies instead. And before you start, we are not getting into which ones.

  17. #17
    wilgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    2,409
    Real Name
    Kay

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Well, if I were doing it again (temptation looms on the horizon...) I'd obviously have to hope for two slim CiC ladies instead. And before you start, we are not getting into which ones.
    I wouldn't do that, no not me....... although was I perhaps thinking why stop at 2?

  18. #18
    rob marshall

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Quote Originally Posted by wilgk View Post
    I wouldn't do that, no not me....... although was I perhaps thinking why stop at 2?
    No! Stop this, immediately. I am not being drawn into tangentalizing again, and spoiling Mike's thread.

    Did I tell you about the lederhosen they were wearing?

  19. #19
    wilgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Victoria Australia
    Posts
    2,409
    Real Name
    Kay

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    No! Stop this, immediately. I am not being drawn into tangentalizing again, and spoiling Mike's thread.

    Did I tell you about the lederhosen they were wearing?
    No - but I have a feeling you might!

  20. #20
    rpcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    13,303
    Real Name
    Richard

    Re: Don't You Just Love The Mountains

    Great images. I feel cold just looking at them!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •