Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Bluebells in Bloom

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Bluebells in Bloom

Been away for the weekend on the shores of Loch Lomond here is dear old Scotland (an annual trip). Was persuaded (threatened) to think in colour (for some of the time).

A bit 'tourist brochure', but ........

Bluebells in Bloom
    40D, Tokina 11-16 f2.8 @ 14mm. ISO100. 1/125@f8. 3-Stop GND.

and .........

Bluebells in Bloom
    40D, Tokina 11-16 f2.8 @ 16mm. ISO 100. 1/8@f11

Re: Bluebells in Bloom

Welcome back!!! We missed you! I'm seriously glad it was time away and not "catching up with work". and, I was thinking that if you were away, we'd be treated to photos; so, I've been waiting patiently. What a beautiful place. So serene! and, I'm just going to feel ridiculous trying to comment technically on these. I can feel the day in the first one and, in the second, I love how that tuft of grass in the bottom left leads me to that romantically leaning tree in the upper right. (I know, first it's the mud puddles, now, it's romantically leaning trees. I can't help it if I like these things.) I wish that we had bluebells in Vermont.

I'm really glad that you're back!

P.S. could the color be stronger in the second? You have some stunning color photographs - I'm glad that you have someone making sure that you don't ditch it altogether.

Real Name
    Ron

Very beautiful photo's Donald.The view is spectacular in the first photo.Wish we had some mountains in Florida.

rob marshall

Ahhhhhh! Loch Lomond! I used to live near there (Helensburgh) Many a happy memory in The Drovers Inn at Inverarnan...

I really like #1, Donald. Lovely composition, although (slight nit) I had to put my safety goggles on as you have produced a colour image...

Real Name
    Steve

Welcome back donald, that looks like a tough subject to photograph. Flowers are always tough to photograph. A very beautiful scene though. Just because you were threatened to use color, doesn't mean you have to show 'US' the wrong colors

Bluebells in Bloom

The red histogram was lagging behind a bit. I used the curves tool set to red channel...placed one dot in the center of the line...raised the line towards the top left corner untill it looked right. Or you could set the black , gray, and white points and use the eyedroppers.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Quote Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
    Just because you were threatened to use color, doesn't mean you have to show 'US' the wrong colors

The red histogram was lagging behind a bit. I used the curves tool set to red channel...placed one dot in the center of the line...raised the line towards the top left corner until it looked right. Or you could set the black , gray, and white points and use the eyedroppers.
    Now you know why I don't do a lot of colour!

What you say, Steve, is, I suspect, a consequence of using a Cokin filter. I'm not used to looking at histograms for the different colours. Must start doing that.