some train highlights, thats all

trains

trains

trains

trains

trains

trains

Re: trains

Wonderful! It's like they're from another time - kind of ghostly, sort of. You used the light beautifully to your advantage. (Did you use any of your special light effects, also?) I hate to say it but, I love these (as usual!) (Agatha Christie, except in Dutch.)
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 23rd May 2011 at 01:53 AM.

Hi katy
    I have not changed much on this pictures, bokeh rolled out of the camera like this
    did use some light effects (will upload a layer of light tonight for you)

Real Name
    Richard

Very creative...

Quote Originally Posted by Vandenberg View Post
    Hi katy
    I have not changed much on this pictures, bokeh rolled out of the camera like this
    did use some light effects (will upload a layer of light tonight for you)
    THANK YOU! I'm very curious about that.

I upload a psd file for you (see pm for the link)
    i use a fixed frame, so open the psd and your picture, then place the picture in to my psd
    resize it using edit>free transform
    hold the shift button and grab a corner and start to resize until you like (dont let go of the shift button)

add some other filters as well, just play with them

gl and hf

I upload a psd file for you (see pm for the link)
    i use a fixed frame, so open the psd and your picture, then place the picture in to my psd
    resize it using edit>free transform
    hold the shift button and grab a corner and start to resize until you like (dont let go of the shift button)

add some other filters as well, just play with them

gl and hf
    Thank you! (er, for the tenth time or something like that.) I can't wait to try this out! I was showing these to Tom (he's a train fanatic) and, then, I showed him what you did with the tulip. He spotted that you'd mentioned "alien skin" and mentioned that he'd been wanting to get some of their "products" (don't know which word to use). Trying to not sound too eager - I casually showed him the florabella collection of actions and textures, too. A little bit of photoshop shopping.....better than Bloomingdales! (everyone, cross your fingers for me, won't you?)

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Hi Vandenberg,

Like these a lot, but tell me - are they cobwebs I see in some?

The only one that doesn't quite work for me is the last; because there's a very sharply defined bit of daylight showing under the carriage which really 'grabs my eye'.

Very nicely done,

Hi, Dave! I didn't realize they were cobwebs, my mind took in scratchy, old photo. No wonder I was thinking Agatha Christie! Also, Vandenberg, I did notice that bright patch, too, but forgot about it scrolling back up and looking through them all again. That last photo has such a wonderful sense of place/context.

I fiddled around in PS with the piece of light that you gave me. I'm very, very, very new to PS and it was good practice to remember what I've figured out already and I learned, at least, four new things, tonight,....only, I realized a couple of them a little too late. SO! This is just a very messy play around (I need to give up and go to bed!) but, it's worked! Talk about post processing that adds atmosphere to a photo - wow! Thanks, again!

trains

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Like Dave, I find the last one is not as strong as the others. But the rest are, I think wonderful images. The way you have framed and composed these, as well as your processing have given us images that are full of atmosphere and mood, as noted by Katy.

Again, this is a wonderful example of how getting in close to a subject can work so wonderfully well. Many people who don't think hard about their composition, will stand further back and try to get the whole object in the frame. The creative mind knows to look for that image that is different.

ps - Katy: I like yours as well.

Real Name
    Steve

I like these trains taken as if from a small childs point of view, as if overcome by the complexity of the engine and focusing on small areas.
    The processing is also wonderful and I'm taking note. However I do not know the process you use.

It could be useful for trams; I have great deal of trouble taking pics of trams because they tend to be full of kiddies, and of course the close up won't include any but it is not much use as a historical record since a spring is a spring and looks much the same on any tram.

It is very arty though and might be worth a go. cheers (refrains from getting out pics of trams and trains )

@Dave Humphries, I see what you mean under the carriage, try to straighten it out next time
    @Donald, thanks for your comment
    @Katy to be honest, its a bit to much light, try moving the layer around or go up or down to in increase or decrease the light a bit
    @arith i shot thees at the train museum here in rotterdam, so no kids there
    only some volunteers who work there, there were not many trains at that time
    they were getting ready for a show coming up this week

@Katy to be honest, its a bit to much light, try moving the layer around or go up or down to in increase or decrease the light a bit
    Thank! That really helps - I knew that something like that was off but was just pleased that I figured out how to put them all together with a little bit of adjustment. To be honest, I really need to start at the very beginning with Photoshop. I'm hoping to sign up with Kelby or Lynda.com at the beginning of next month (and it's the big garden month, too! I'm crazy!) Anyway, there's an action used, a texture that you can't see very well, and the light - they all didn't line up properly either (but NOW I know how to do it) - it's just a mess!

P.S. Please! Always be honest - I want to learn!=]
    Last edited by Katy Noelle; 24th May 2011 at 06:50 PM.