Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Poppies on a Shoestring

Poppies on a Shoestring

I have been suffering with the old Menieres over the last couple of days so I thought the least I could attempt was a wander round the garden. The poppies are out so I thought I would see what I could do with my cheap as chips Canon EF70-210 constant f/4. If you are taking up photography on a budget I would certainly recommend this baby. I got mine mint condition c/w QA stickers still attached for £120 and there are not many lens that do focus blur as well as this chunk of ancient glass

Poppies on a Shoestring

Poppies on a Shoestring

Poppies on a Shoestring

Poppies on a Shoestring

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

Re: Poppies on a Shoestring

Looks like a good lens to use for floral shots, Steve. I would pick #2 as my favorite among the 4 images. Loved the use of contrasting color on the flower and the background. Good use of rule of thirds, too on the composition. Good work!
    Last edited by jiro; 21st May 2011 at 07:37 PM.

rob marshall

#2 and #3 for me, Steve. Good use of exposure and colour. Floral shots seem very popular here at the moment.

Real Name
    Mary... or Lucy... either is fine with me. ;)

I'm always the odd girl out... I pick #1. I love the color contrast... the poppies... and... I see ivy in background... I love ivy... not to mention that it is crisp and vibrant.

Real Name
    Elise

Wow, Steve, these are great -- the first one is especially stunning. Lovely composition.

Real Name
    Kay

just to make Mary feel better ( well not quite true) I pick the last - the colours are terrific and sorry to hear you haven't been in tip top shape lately

Many thanks for the comments everyone. I was aiming for that 70's Fuji Colour look with these - high contrast and vibrancy The sort of thing that would go well with purple wall paper

Nice to see you back with us Elise. Or is it just me and you didn't go anyehere

sorry to hear you haven't been in tip top shape lately
    Thanks Kay. Its all part of life now. The biggest problem apart from the acute drop in hearing levels is that I feel as if I am going to keel over when I squint through the view finder...I spent years perfecting that Clint squint too. Still not doing too bad today