Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Inconspicuous

  1. #1
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Inconspicuous

    One of the amphibians that we saw while visiting the San Antonio Zoo in San Antonio, Texas. With much apologies for not being able to ID this when I shot it. Thank you very much for viewing.

    Click the image to see it in lightbox.
    Inconspicuous

    --------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens set at 55mm, Exposure at ISO 640, f4.5 at 1/40second, Matrix Metering in Aperture Priority Mode, Color Processed in LR 3.

  2. #2
    rpcrowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Southern California, USA
    Posts
    12,435
    Real Name
    Richard

    Re: Inconspicuous

    Jiro...

    I like everything about this shot!

    BTW: I lived in San Antonio several times during my life... As a baby, in grade school and later while I was in high school. My father was born and raised there. I still have cousins in the area and my wife has a sister in Austin and another in Georgetown. It's a great area.

    My ancestors settled South Texas (from Ireland) on a Mexican Land Grant in 1829 and my 3rd great grandfather's brother (my 3rd g-grand uncle) signed the Texas Declaration of Independence at Goliad and the husband of my 3rd Great Grand Aunt died at the massacre at the Goliad Mission when Col. Fanin surrendered and was murdered along with his troops.

  3. #3
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Inconspicuous

    Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Jiro...

    I like everything about this shot!

    BTW: I lived in San Antonio several times during my life... As a baby, in grade school and later while I was in high school. My father was born and raised there. I still have cousins in the area and my wife has a sister in Austin and another in Georgetown. It's a great area.

    My ancestors settled South Texas (from Ireland) on a Mexican Land Grant in 1829 and my 3rd great grandfather's brother (my 3rd g-grand uncle) signed the Texas Declaration of Independence at Goliad and the husband of my 3rd Great Grand Aunt died at the massacre at the Goliad Mission when Col. Fanin surrendered and was murdered along with his troops.
    Thanks, Richard. I guess you are more "Texan" than we are. Hehehe. I'm honored to know something about your ancestry, Sir.

  4. #4
    KTHXBAI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    214
    Real Name
    Michael Farrand

    Re: Inconspicuous

    Great shot. Perfect DOF makes him jump right out!

  5. #5
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Inconspicuous

    Quote Originally Posted by KTHXBAI View Post
    Great shot. Perfect DOF makes him jump right out!
    Thank you very much, Michael.

  6. #6
    Shambhala's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    283
    Real Name
    Shannon

    Re: Inconspicuous

    I love this picture, I love the texture, I also love how it looks 3D ! Still trying to figure out how to do that. I love your work Jiro

  7. #7
    Peter Ryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,971
    Real Name
    Peter

    Re: Inconspicuous

    The weather must be getting warmer Willie, you are out and about. It looks like a very productive day at the zoo. Another good shot mate.

  8. #8
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Inconspicuous

    Quote Originally Posted by Shambhala View Post
    I love this picture, I love the texture, I also love how it looks 3D ! Still trying to figure out how to do that. I love your work Jiro
    Thank you very much, Shannon. I'm glad you like this.

  9. #9
    jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    3,804
    Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

    Re: Inconspicuous

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Ryan View Post
    The weather must be getting warmer Willie, you are out and about. It looks like a very productive day at the zoo. Another good shot mate.
    You're certainly right on that, Peter. Hehehe. My daughter recently celebrated her birthday so we went to San Antonio again (a 3 hour drive) to treat the kids for a summer weekend. They enjoyed the rides and the exhibits while I enjoyed further mastering the use of my camera and 2 lenses. Thanks, mate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •