Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: The Young and The Adult.

Real Name
    Willie or Jiro is fine by me.

The Young and The Adult.

After I've taken some shots of the Galapagos Turtles, I saw this father and daughter on the other side where me and my kids were located. I really want to take a shot due to their differing interests inside the Zoo. The little girl wants to play while daddy is probably texting or playing some games on his high tech phone. I walked around, looking for a good perspective to frame the shot while keeping myself inconspicuous. Finally, I was able to take a shot and this was it. Thank you very much for viewing.

Click the image to see it in lightbox.
    The Young and The Adult.

-------
    Nikon D70, Nikon 18-70mm lens at 56mm, Exposure at ISO 640, f4.5 at 1/500 second, Matrix Metering in Manual Mode. Color processed in Lightroom 3.

rob marshall

Re: The Young and The Adult.

Jiro

I've noticed recently your processing seems to be improving. You get good contrast, colour and tonal ranges. This shot doesn't do much for me personally, but the quality seems very good. Is it all done in Lightroom?

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    Jiro

I've noticed recently your processing seems to be improving. You get good contrast, colour and tonal ranges. This shot doesn't do much for me personally, but the quality seems very good. Is it all done in Lightroom?
    Thanks, Rob. 90% of the adjustment was really done in LR 3. The remaining 10% I am trying out a procedure that I kept on tweaking in Photoshop involving layers that I can't do in LR. I think I am finally able to understand how to compensate for the lack of pixels on my camera to increase the perceive resolution using this technique.

rob marshall

Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    ... I am finally able to understand how to compensate for the lack of pixels on my camera to increase the perceive resolution using this technique.
    And are you keen to share it with us.....

Real Name

Quote Originally Posted by rob marshall View Post
    And are you keen to share it with us.....
    Sure. I hope I can explain it in a comprehensible way. I will post my workflow procedure in a new thread, Rob so others can see the whole transformation from SOOC to the final image. Thanks!